View Poll Results: If the price of a Fixed IP address was within reach, would you host your own website?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 40.91%
  • No

11 50.00%
  • Not sure

1 4.55%
  • What's a Website?

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the price of a Fixed IP address was within reach, would you host your own website?

Default If the price of a Fixed IP address was within reach, would you host your own website?

With the cost of getting Broadband Internet becoming cheaper and cheaper it should soon become feasible to get the Fixed-Ip packages. Would you go for it? Would you host your own website if it did?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Yea i would. Although im doing now with a Dyn. IP

Redirect My Domain name -> Dyndns.org -> My "Server"

Seems to be working alright. But static ip are fairly cheap. You can get one from C&W for $640 but only for the business pacakges. Hosting comapnies seem a bit unreasonable to say the least

TwistedPair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Yea i would. Although im doing now with a Dyn. IP

Redirect My Domain name -> Dyndns.org -> My "Server"

Seems to be working alright. But static ip are fairly cheap. You can get one from C&W for $640 but only for the business pacakges. Hosting comapnies seem a bit unreasonable to say the least
    $640 US or Jamaican?

I thinks its jamaican, you buy the business package and then pay $10 USD for the static ip. I think thats what we pay for it.

TwistedPair Guest

I was going to say thats cheap but then I always assumed static IP was standard with business packages.

It is.. but if you want an additional one thats $640.

For peeps who download or game a lot this wouldn't make sense. I think it'd be better off getting one of those cheap hosting packages...
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

For me it would depend on the type of website. If it is just a personal site (home page, blog etc) then I would host it but if the site is more mission critical then I would go with a reputable hosting company.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5