Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where should I Buy My Laptop

Slow Jamz check out the toshiba brand model notebooks...Good specs.....Dell is too limited in terms of upgrading

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...puters&seg=HHO

you can order through ebay and ship through mailpak...good idea

reppin toshiba here 2...caan go wrong with them
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicandiva
    .....Dell is too limited in terms of upgrading
    Could you expand on this a little bit. I'm kinda curious.

Smile

Dell is too limited in terms of upgrading
    No one I know has ever had this problem...and the customer service is fabulous!! Actually got tired of them calling to see if all was o.k. and what else could they do for me!!
    I stopped just short of begging Mr. Dell a few mill.

I wouldn't buy a laptop on ebay - too many things can go wrong. Personally I'd buy a laptop in a store overseas. That way I know exactly what I'm getting and I actually get to try it out first. The next best thing would probably be to buy directly online from Dell. I'd probably go with HP just because I know I can get instant support without the need for sending overseas in case of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataliz
    No one I know has ever had this problem...and the customer service is fabulous!! Actually got tired of them calling to see if all was o.k. and what else could they do for me!!
    That's kinda why I asked her to expand. I've never had a problem with upgrading my Dells. The laptop is as expandable as I have seen in any other brand and the initial configuration has several choices from basic to ultra expensive. You can buy the parts from them as well as from other generic sources.

As a matter of fact I have had more problems getting a battery for my friends Toshiba than I have ever had getting parts for any of my computers.

if you doing simple work go online, text editing go with the dell. They are really cheap nad tech support not bad

Thanks i must say i love Dell E1505 and E1705
    ™---•(-•(Šãmð Da Best)•-)•---™dõn´t håtê thë Plãyèr håtê thë Gãmè™Samo`2oo6™

Go with IBM if you want Quality. i like the t43 model. its a bit expensive but its worth the money. plus their tech support is great.

Slow Jamz check out the toshiba brand model notebooks...Good specs.....Dell is too limited in terms of upgrading

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...puters&seg=HHO

you can order through ebay and ship through mailpak...good idea

Toshiba laptops are good too but they are generally very heavy. Its like walking around with a Server in your bag.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jun 22, 2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Nataliz

Well Dell Service great, Me and my folks have had a few problems with or Dell laptops, Inspirons 9200, 600m, they were great in gettin replacement parts and so on. And about they are upgradeable i would like to know more about that cause i have done slight upgrades on mine so far, changin out wireless cards, instally bluetooth card, hard drive swap and a substantial memory upgrade. And i have opened up my laptop on various occasions, things are pretty easy to get to, more so than other laptops i have pulled open. i see where u can upgrade cpu if ur motivated to do so.