Thread: Tech stores in Kingston

Default Tech stores in Kingston

Are there any Tech stores open in Kingston next Sunday?
    I may be travelling to Kingston Sunday next week and I need some suggestions. I know of one place at Sovereign (forgot the name). Any others that I should know about?

Default Re:Tech stores in Kingston

[quote author=Ramesh link=board=29;threadid=2600;start=0#msg24820 date=1071444214]
    Are there any Tech stores open in Kingston next Sunday?
    I may be travelling to Kingston Sunday next week and I need some suggestions. I know of one place at Sovereign (forgot the name). Any others that I should know about?
    [/quote]

The store at Sovereign is Innovative Systems. You can also
    try Computer and Satellite Electronics on Hagley Park Rd.
    Call 920-8007/926-0694 the owner/operator is Andrew
    Barrett.

Ramesh, what kind of items are you looking for? Or do you just want to browse and fatten your eyes (like many of us especially during the Christmas season)?

Hi Chris, like you said, wanted to see some tech stuff and perhaps spend some money on a printer or something. One thing I'm looking for is a multifunction printer/copier/fax that will work with linux.

I'm having too much trouble finding drivers for my Brother MFC-4350. Mandrake says it's supported on their system, but heck if I can get it working or find any built in drivers.

Never know, I might also spend some money I won't have for a couple of months!

Just my luck! Went to Kgn and forgot to charge the batteries on for my Kodak Easyshare Camera, so no souvenir photos. Didn't get to stop at Sovereign's Tech store (or any other Tech store for that matter. Rain messed up the schedule.

Did go up to Gordon Town. What a lovely view up there. Stopped in a bar going back down with my bro-in-law and bucked up a Tech guy there.

Went to Pricemart and found a HP Printer there just over $3,000.00 (US$60.00). The ENTIRE box was in Spanish! Being that I left Espanol 20+ years ago at Cornwall, I wasn't into translating. It was plain enough to make out the printer was Windows and Mac compatible, but no mention of Linux. Also, I figured the ink must cost more than the printer!

Enjoyed the trip, but wished I had taken pictures. Gordon Town is a beauty spot, no doubt!

Ramesh

[quote author=saint link=board=29;threadid=2600;start=0#msg24822 date=1071447120]

Computer and Satellite Electronics on Hagley Park Rd...the owner/operator is Andrew Barrett.
    [/quote]

REALY REALLY BAD BUSINESS MAN!!!! I first did business with this man back in 1998 and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth since then. I swore never to do business with him again and to never send business his way. Last year I had the displeasure of once again being in his acquaintance when I accompanied a friend who had bought a defective device from him. His mannerisms had NOT improved since our first encounter and he was even more obnoxious and dismissive and treated his customer as if he were a beggar on the street and not someone who had only days earlier handed over a small fortune (in my friend’s eyes) for a faulty device.

I would recommend that everyone take there money elsewhere regardless of how reasonable his prices are, because what he gives up in initial profits, he makes up for in lack of customer service. If your product malfunctions, make no mistake, it’s your fault. If something you purchased doesn’t function the way you thought it would, once it’s used, there’s no returning it (unless it’s for a more expensive exchange which will have you paying over more green back).

Conclusion: I say without apology; do not do business with this man. It’ll save you a lot of headaches in times to come.

[quote author=CKnight link=board=29;threadid=2600;start=0#msg25442 date=1072455433]
    REALY REALLY BAD BUSINESS MAN!!!! I first did business with this man back in 1998 and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth since then. I swore never to do business with him again and to never send business his way. Last year I had the displeasure of once again being in his acquaintance when I accompanied a friend who had bought a defective device from him. His mannerisms had NOT improved since our first encounter and he was even more obnoxious and dismissive and treated his customer as if he were a beggar on the street and not someone who had only days earlier handed over a small fortune (in my friend’s eyes) for a faulty device.

I would recommend that everyone take there money elsewhere regardless of how reasonable his prices are, because what he gives up in initial profits, he makes up for in lack of customer service. If your product malfunctions, make no mistake, it’s your fault. If something you purchased doesn’t function the way you thought it would, once it’s used, there’s no returning it (unless it’s for a more expensive exchange which will have you paying over more green back).

Conclusion: I say without apology; do not do business with this man. It’ll save you a lot of headaches in times to come.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the warning bro. I was about to send some business his way. Guess I'll have to build that pc for my co-worker. (I was kinda wary about how cheap some of his
    prices are)............hmmmm come to think of it, I met him once and he does seem arrogant.)