Thread: ADO VB & VB.Net

girldemsuga Guest

Question ADO VB & VB.Net

In VB 6 want to be able to link a ADO control to a database using nothing but code and then for VB.Net, I was wondering if there is a way to use my ADO control with there RECORDSET in VB.Net

I am not sure what the question is but ado.net(oledb) is a little more involved than ado in VB6.
    easiparcel.com Shop online and ship to Jamaica

Cool ADO is dead

Quote Originally Posted by girldemsuga
    I was wondering if there is a way to use my ADO control with there RECORDSET in VB.Net
    - All ADO objects (including the RecordSet Class) have been deprecated in all incarnations of Visual Studio .NET. Learn to use ADO.NET. It's far safer, and instantaneously provides room for:
    1. Optimistic Concurrency
    2. Shadow backup of database
    3. Data corruption prevention
    4. Significantly reduces traffic on a network

The online MSDN help provides an excellent resource for learning how to use ADO.NET.

girldemsuga Guest

Thank for the advice.

Default Can still use ADO with VS.net

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    - All ADO objects (including the RecordSet Class) have been deprecated in all incarnations of Visual Studio .NET. Learn to use ADO.NET.

though your advice to learn ado.net is the best..and for the most part the vs.net to a large extent deprecated the ado schema...it is still posible to use ado recordset in ur current .net project..it calls for bit more more..and extra consideration for loading support dlls..You were right to recomment ADO.net..but not totally with ado...

girldemsuga Guest

I have a problem where I have ADODB object on my form and i want the user of the App to be able to change the path to the Database, but if i modify the ConnectionString,
    On windows 2000 machines, i get a Authenication Error.
    How Do i go about fixing this problem