Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Is Starcraft Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    What trap? I talking facts here. I dunno maybe is cause when I finally completed the first 2 campaigns and ready for the protos campaign that the disk get scratch up and gimmie errors for that campaign. So I was introduced to Red Alert 2 some time later and got back into the RTS games. BTW, could you zoom in Starcraft and rotate camera?
    Ahh that explains it..

The greatness of StarCraft wasn't in the single player... it was the multiplayer action that made it better than the rest. It is still arguably THE most balanced strategy game ever made.

You'll hear arguments about how all 3 races, Zerg Terran and Protoss is better than the other but its the fact that these arguments are still ongoing that makes the game so balanced. You can win with all 3.

Pow Pow...search this thread for some youtube and other videos that i've posted
    but wait, if u don't play Starcraft multi-player then you won't be able to appreciate the videos.

Well -let's look at the facts
    StarCraft was released long time - 10 years or something like that
    To Date - there are still COUNTLESS servers and tournaments still taking place based on this game.
    (By tournaments...i don't mean backyard thing. No sir...i talking multinational contestants and live TV Broadcasts).

Ask yourself - how comes?
    Last edited by zRo ToLeRaNcE; May 19, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by zRo ToLeRaNcE View Post
    Pow Pow...search this thread for some youtube and other videos that i've posted
    but wait, if u don't play Starcraft multi-player then you won't be able to appreciate the videos.

Well -let's look at the facts
    StarCraft was released long time - 15 years or something like that
    To Date - there are still COUNTLESS servers and tournaments still taking place based on this game.
    (By tournaments...i don't mean backyard thing. No sir...i talking multinational contestants and live TV Broadcasts).

Ask yourself - how comes?

And its STILL one of the most popular games in South Korea, with their greatest players being superstars, filling entire stadiums when they play their games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCra...al_competition

The computer game StarCraft has an active professional competition circuit, particularly in South Korea. The two major game channels in South Korea, Ongamenet and MBCGame, each run a Starleague, viewed by millions of fans. Starting in about 2002, pro-gamers started to become organized into teams, sponsored by large South Korean companies like SK Telecom and KTF. These organized teams are not unlike teams from professional sports such as football, basketball, etc. StarCraft is also the most popular computer game competition during the annual World Cyber Games thanks to its Korean fanbase, and it is overall one of the world's largest computer and video game competition in terms of prize money, global coverage and participants.

The sad part about StarCraft is that when StarCraft 2 comes out - it's going to be all 3D with Zoom and stuff which "may" take away from the gameplay if.

I want a new version to correct some little things - like AI glitches - but i just hope we don't lose on the game play any at all.
    the lesson afterwards

The sad part about StarCraft is that when StarCraft 2 comes out - it's going to be all 3D with Zoom and stuff which "may" take away from the gameplay if.

I want a new version to correct some little things - like AI glitches - but i just hope we don't lose on the game play any at all.
    yeah thats my concern.. War3 was technically more advanced that StarCraft but it lacked the depth in my view .. the technology got in the way of the gameplay sometimes...

As i told you loyal thread users before, i would keep you all up-to-date. There were some technical difficulties when flow came to install the internet connection at my place so i have gotten it yet. However, please continue to to practice and battle each other on the various hamachi networks created. By the way has anyone from the thread still use the hamachi networks created to battle anyone?
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Click the blue arrow to see me

the lesson afterwards

Yes.. looking forward to owing your bases when that hits my computer. until then SC1 anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Yes.. looking forward to owing your bases when that hits my computer. until then SC1 anyone?
    I guess... seeing as how we recently reacquired the internet the hamachi networks and the battle will begin again

Looking forward to whooping some of y'all.
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Click the blue arrow to see me