Thread: Scotia Internet Banking

Default Scotia Internet Banking

Introducing Scotiabank Internet Banking. Find out how easy it is to turn everyday banking into Internet Banking. Get control of your finances. Check your account activity. Stamp out your bills. If you can click onto the Internet, you can do virtually all of your banking online, anytime.

Register for Scotiabank Internet Banking today! Access is free until December 31, 2003

Website Here
    http://scotiabank.com.jm/main.htm

Default Re:Scotia Internet Banking

Sorry Tech_Guru ... you're waaaay too late ;D. I've been using Scotia online as they went public (if not before ) All I can say is that it's great. I thought tele-banking was good but this is so much better!

[quote author=Chris link=board=1;threadid=2457;start=0#msg23616 date=1070056331]
    Sorry Tech_Guru ... you're waaaay too late ;D. I've been using Scotia online as they went public (if not before ) All I can say is that it's great. I thought tele-banking was good but this is so much better!
    [/quote]

I just found out Today Called 960-BNSJ signed up and I was very surprised with the range of services offerred.....

Now we just have to sit back and wait for ecommerce....how ever long that takes.

Over the past couple months NCB has been touting their online banking service as well - service is also free until december 31, 2003...

What I would love to know is what the fees will be for each bank's service thereafter... that is what will determine to a great extent how much these services will be utilized!

From information I have received the NCB Corporate online services cost in the region of J$9,000.00 per month ( I stand to be corrected on this figure).... unless a body corporate has lots of transactions to do online I am not sure if that sum is worth it at all.

Does nay of you guys have any details on these charges?

I hope the actual banking interface is more usable than the registration page.
    I kept searching for a hyperlink that would allow me to register.

Though Netscape 4.x is supported, it says that Netscape 6 is not supported.
    Anyone know if this thing works with Mozilla, Opera or Konqueror.

I did some "checking"

www.scotiabank.com.jm is running Windows 2000/IIS

their online banking system, however, is running Apache/1.3.26 most likely on a UNIX/Linux platform. I'm certainly not surprised.

I'm also waiting to see what the online banking fees will be like after December. I suspect that both banks (BNS & NCB) are doing a cat-n-mouse game to see what the other charges and what the other's customer usage rate is like

I'll tell you though, if they ever try to take advantage of us by imposing ridiculously high rates then they're links will drop from my browser's favorite list >