Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorting Algorithms - A Concise Look

Default Re:Sorting Algorithms - A Concise Look

NICE!! Ill be sure to check these out when next i need to do some sorting ;D

Saved in a handy text phile B)

Default Re:Sorting Algorithms - A Concise Look

I tried printing the page using the print link at the bottom - no good. Much of the code disappeared. Wated paper. Had to resort to copy and paste using Word. Eventually got it (after one day of removing tables from Word. Never again! Next time I'll copy to Wordpad - should be simpler...

Default Re: Sorting Algorithms - A Concise Look

maybe I dont get it but wouldnt it have been significantly easier to just do a text wirte up and post it somewhere for people to see or download for later perusing

Default Re: Sorting Algorithms - A Concise Look

Any other posts in this thread that is not related to Sorting Algorithms will be removed.

Xeno, could you just mention the source of your article in your original thread? Don't want anyone crying plagarism here.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 8, 2005 at 02:01 PM.

ahh sorting alg. Most of these are language independent as well. HOWEVER most of them are garbage or not worth while. A majority of them only work on arrays which can't be resized dynamicly.

If you feel like it, or i get time, a comparison of data structurs would be good to see. Most of these data structures in their design implement a type of sort from above but they can also be dynamicly added to and removed from.

These data structures would be Linked Lists, singly or doubly linked, Binary trees, there are tons of different kinds of binary trees. The more complex your code gets for a binary tree the better balanced it is to ensure a fast search. Last but not least there is hash tabes, while not dynamicaly resizable proper planning with it will show you that it's significantly the best data type.
    Last edited by jjshoe; Apr 30, 2005 at 12:47 PM.