Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best PHP/MYSQL host in Jamaica

Default Who is the best PHP/MYSQL host in Jamaica

I was looking @ go-jamaica web-hosting package and it seemed pretty good, they claim a 99.9% uptime .. anyone out there can atest to this?

Is there any other good jamaican PHP/MYsql host any one can recommend?

Yup, their (go-jamaica) hosting services are very reliable. I would go with them
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

are you afraid to host with someone outside of jamdung? why is that? reason i asked is that i host outside of JA and I have not received reports of a downtime.
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

if you host with someone in jamaica you can call them and bug them for tech support. check the yellow pages

Go-Jamaica all the way. Can Recommend them

why go outside if you can get it here though.

Quote Originally Posted by owen
    if you host with someone in jamaica you can call them and bug them for tech support. check the yellow pages
    My host is overseas and I have free 24 hour tech support via phone or web.
    -I didn't spel chek.
    The stuff I do

Digital Technologies they good plus the price well cheap
    http://dthost.com

The bandwidth limt for Digital Technologies is abit low. I was looking in the range of 25GB up just to be on the safe side.

I'm making a comparison with the Bronze plan available @ Go-Jamaica..

I still cannot explain how they manage to supply 400GB of data transfer, this is just unbelievable, the disk space is ok hard to full 10 GB of photos even large ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Billerg
    are you afraid to host with someone outside of jamdung? why is that? reason i asked is that i host outside of JA and I have not received reports of a downtime.
    It really does not matter where exactly you host because the purpose of having a website is to provide information worldwide?

Being close to the host has its advantage in that if the Tech Support is crappy you can always walk into office. And if you know the right buttons to push you can always get what you want + US toll free numbers are of no use to me here, i'll still need to call the international number and get bombarded with high bills due to crappy tech support.

There are a lot of reasons especially if your developing a mission critical application.

You also mentioned not receiving reports of a downtime, how have you detemined this. Does your host make downtime information avaliable to you?
    It maybe that you yourself have never seen the server go down. All servers have downtime but must hosting companies provide an SLA Service Level Agreement which indicated how much uptime you are guaranteed, naturally if you can prove that this is not met .... you get compensated usually in the form of additional hosting months.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 11, 2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by fresh_ja
    It really does not matter where exactly you host because the purpose of having a website is to provide information worldwide?

Being close to the host has its advantage in that if the Tech Support is crappy you can always walk into office. And if you know the right buttons to push you can always get what you want + US toll free numbers are of no use to me here, i'll still need to call the international number and get bombarded with high bills due to crappy tech support.

There are a lot of reasons especially if your developing a mission critical application.

You also mentioned not receiving reports of a downtime, how have you detemined this. Does your host make downtime information avaliable to you?
    It maybe that you yourself have never seen the server go down. All servers have downtime but must hosting companies provide an SLA Service Level Agreement which indicated how much uptime you are guaranteed, naturally if you can prove that this is not met .... you get compensated usually in the form of additional hosting months.
    I agree that it does not matter where you host but I was curious since he specifically wanted to get a local host. Who says the servers are local for the local companies you'd be surprised. When I said have not received downtime reports I was referring to reports from the site users and not my host; not saying it might never have been down but it has never been communicated to me

Oh by the way, JPS is my electricty company but guess what, when stuff happens walking into their office making noise wont get my light on if its been cut off
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !