Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor's of Computer Science

Default Bachelor's of Computer Science

IMS in collaboration with FIU is offering Bachelors in Computer Studies.

Cost... $17,500 US

Don't ya'll think thats a bit high... (deadline December 5)

Default Re:Bachelor's of Computer Science

Thats seems very high. I am going to do Bachelors in information systems and management at imp offered by University of London and my fee is $10,500.

Maybe they will get a laptop Nastro, but it still too expensive.

Mithie give me more info on this course i also want to do it, and woulda mind starting as soon as possible

It's high...it's very high...in total I've paid FIU about $950,000 for the program (the same one. I started last year) because of payment arrangements I made with them.

Yes, you do get a laptop. It also includes all texts, etc. needed though out the course (2.5 years), lunches and coffee breaks.

My suggestion to anyone wanting to do this course is to make sure that you've identified a source of funding before you begin. Many of my once-upon-a-time classmates started the course in hopes that things would fall into place financially, but it never did. :'(

17,500 * 60 = $1050000

That more than too expensive, not many peep can come up with that tidy sum.

[quote author=Ropy link=board=28;threadid=2499;start=0#msg23985 date=1070472369]
    17,500 * 60 = $1050000

That more than too expensive, not many peep can come up with that tidy sum.
    [/quote]

The good thing is you don't have to come up with the total amount all at once. There are many payment plans set offered and if you'd like, you can speak to the chief accountant about having a custom payment plan.

They will also direct you to a body that offers international student loans, which covers the full amount.

It's a VERY good course...a bit boring at times, but IMHO it's a bit more challenging than what the local universities offer (just my opinion, I'm not debating anything).

Another big drawing factor is the time. Classes are held on Friday afternoons and Sunday mornings (after most churches have convened I suppose) which makes it ideal for working professionals (which currently make up the entire first and second group currently doing the course) and people who have to hustle for a living like myself.

[quote author=seanbee20 link=board=28;threadid=2499;start=0#msg23980 date=1070471829]
    Mithie give me more info on this course i also want to do it, and woulda mind starting as soon as possible
    [/quote]
    Well i was supposed to start in october but i couldnt get all the funds together in time so i didnt bother to start. i will however start next year september. The course is the same done in london, we will do the same courses basically. They have different packages. 3 yrs with text books is 10, 500, 4 yrs without texts is 10,500 i think. Its around those ranges. But we all know that these fees will change next year. The payments are broken down into different areas. like for semester, and exams and stuff like that.

They have a couple other courses too.

is the course available to start anytime sooner, october kinda seems long, i am eager to go back to school and learn more tech stuff

The BSc. from FIU costs as much as the MSc. from UFL - both offered by IMP :-\

more info at http://www.imsjm.com

[quote author=seanbee20 link=board=28;threadid=2499;start=0#msg23999 date=1070482282]
    is the course available to start anytime sooner, october kinda seems long, i am eager to go back to school and learn more tech stuff
    [/quote]
    Oh by the way this course is in the evenings, not during the day.