Thread: which do i get? xbox, gamecube or ps2?

Default which do i get? xbox, gamecube or ps2?

in terms of 'games offered', 'features', 'price' and whatever else i should be looking for, which is the one to go with? i played lord of the rings on gamecube over the xmas and loved it .. and it looks like the cheapest option ... is the fact that it doesn't play the regular sized cds/dvds a big-yeah-deal????

Default Re:which do i get? xbox, gamecube or ps2?

In terms of games offered, PS2 is king. They've got more and better games + you can play old PS1 games on it. 8)

X-Box is better hardware ie. you'd get better graphics - but that's not to say that PS2 graphics are shabby 'cause they aren't. I've never played the Nintendo Game Cube, but from what I read, it has better graphics than PS2 but not as good as X-Box. They don't have as wide a selection of games as PS2 but they have some exclusives like the Zelda and Mario series.

As for online play, both PS2 and X-Box have it. X-Box Live is broadband only while depending on the game you want to play, both broadband and modem dialup play may be available for the PS2. I don't think Nintendo has online play yet (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

The PS2 can play DVD movies right out the box. You need to purchase an additional item to enable the X-Box to play DVD movies.

Design wise the PS2 looks nice and sleek and takes up less space than the X-Box. The PS2 controllers are the best of all the consoles - they fite perfectly. The X-Box and Gamecube are bigger and not as natural feeling.

Check out http://www.techtv.com/xplay for more info and comparisons.

Hope that helps 8)

Default Re:which do i get? xbox, gamecube or ps2?

PS2 Hands Down :P