Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Zard
    yes i'm lazy.....

is this the same game that is getting good riviews on the Xbox 1.5? (360)
    Yes it is the same game, the 360 version is the only version with HDR+AA.
    404 error: Signature Not Found

Blowow! Did you say this is a RPG? I have to check this out then. Juss saw Maf playing it on xfire and was surprised when he said it was a RPG.

Anyways, who are the developers and what are the minimum systems requirements? Anyone know?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

copying from the other Oblivion threads for those who late...

Ok, time to buss you folks. i dont know how many of you have been following this, but one of the wickedest games running for the last Decade has been The Elder Scrolls series, of which there have been three releases so far, Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind. i have been playing Morrowind for about 3 years now and it is incredible. Visually and atmospherically it plays like a real world. ever had a game where its raining on screen and sounds so real and immersive you run to the window to see if the sound is coming from outside? that's Morrowind. http://www.morrowind.com/art/mw_screenshots_01.htm

old news. so the big news is, the fourth in the Elder Scrolls series is due to be released in March (tentatively). the name of this game is Oblivion. i cant even begin to tell you how exciting this game looks. so before my glad bag buss and drown you, a few details.

1. this is an RPG.
    not FPS, nor MMORPG, nor RTS. and there are no plans to make it so or morph it so. jus single player, you and your pc. simple.
    2. Morrowind was simply the most beautiful game i have ever seen. this means graphics intensive. it would run of a geforce 2 mx AGP (but then, what wouldnt ) but if you want to see blazing sunsets, starry nights with constellations, flowers and trees and the reflections of mountain ranges in running rivers... well, you gonna need a good card. Nuff said.
    3. maybe you didnt grasp what i said in #2.. ok, look pon dis. http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
    download video two first. it shouldnt take long.
    4. i dont often buy games. in fact i have bought two recently simply because they were too awesome to not pay homage to their creators.
    they were Starcraft:Broodwar® and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind® and please believe the money puddung for The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion® the DAY it buss.
    5. The Elder Scrolls series does have one historical flaw. sometimes it will just bomb out on a man system. crash to desktop. some run it flawless from day 1, some it will hitch til doomsday. at one point i had to search for that one special driver version from back in the day that would allow my then VIA chipset and the game to live in peace. yes, i think its worth it.

they have yet to announce the sys res that this game will require to run it, but for best results, i would say go get yourself the Blingest video card you can find and no less than 512 system memory.
    i plan to order myself a card when it comes out, possibly the 6800GS. anyone who needs to order an upgrade can link me for pricing. yes, i will be ordering it specifically for this game.

let me know what you think of the vids and if you know of this game/series. any questions you have i will be delighted to answer as best i can.

ok, so that was then... the minimum sys req? Bethesda Softworks recommends 1gb of ram and the blingest card you can get. right now i am running it on 1gb corsair pc3200/2800 sempron 64/9600 pro card .. the card is the bottleneck obviously, but the game still looks rather decent. the install is 4.5gbs i think and it runs from a single DVD. 1/2 of the game is recorded dialogue.

minimum sys req? try yu luck boss, i imagine 512mbs ram and a lil processor that could will do a ting fi yu.

final note. Bethesda's Elder Scroll series have a notorious problem from day 1. from time to time, the game will crash to desktop with you, so Save Often.
    it was true for Daggerfall (never played), Morrowind, and now Oblivion. the memory is a real issue tho. for this one its recommended to shut down all other progs and only run this. the developers also put in writing that the game dislikes Alt+Tab so the messenger convos have to wait til you done what you doin. so far, it has only crashed once on me. knock wooden desk.

ok, thats my 2cents plus gct
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

recommended sys req.

3ghz proc or equivalent, 1gb ram, 5gbs available HD space, ATI x1800 or nvida 6800 series card.

minimum sys req

* Windows XP
    * 512MB System RAM
    * 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
    * and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
    * 8x DVD-ROM drive
    * 4.6 GB free hard disk space
    * DirectX 9.0c (included)
    * DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    * Keyboard, Mouse
    The Way is in Training.

hey maf, how do you capture screenshots in Oblivion? is there a special directory shots are saved to?
    The Way is in Training.

I use Fraps to capture my screenshots but there is away to do it with Oblivion
    you need to edit your Oblivion.ini in "My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\"

Code:
    There is a setting in the INI file:

bAllowScreenShot=0

change to:

bAllowScreenShot=1
    you can press PRTSCN button and Oblivion will write a BMP file to your game folder.

you can also use Xfire to capture screenshots.

I am going to post some new screenshots when I get my Imperial Dragon Armor. I had to wait 2 weeks to get the armor. I am going to take a screenshots of my character in full armor ridin Shadowmere into the sunset. Yes still a Vampire but I can walk around in the sun i just need to feed.

Shots with HDR and no AA

how did you get the horse, my yute? at 2500 septims for a chestnt horse, i had to boost one from the stables
    also, they cover ground well, but is there a way to fight on horseback?
    and about how often do you get a game crash?
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2
    how did you get the horse, my yute? at 2500 septims for a chestnt horse, i had to boost one from the stables
    also, they cover ground well, but is there a way to fight on horseback?
    and about how often do you get a game crash?
    That horse is Shadowmere its a special horse i got him from the Dark Brotherhood. You can get a horse for 1000 septims so look around. You can not fight on horseback but maybe a mod will fix that. No game crashes so far.