Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

Default Oblivion

Well it looks like it's finally out and has received excellent reviews already. Game looks absolutely gorgeous (english accent) Looks like this is one of the first game i'll be buying when the new system is complete. SgtMac u supposed to be smiling now.
    Cel#4230348
    Email: dean.powell1@gmail.com

I have the game. The visuals lived up to the hype but no HDR+FSAA. Character creation is good. The physics is on the level of HL2. The load times are about 10 seconds or less. The sound need some work but the voice acting and music are good.

My Character is a High Elf, Battlemage, Vampire
    404 error: Signature Not Found

Look at my prey

Defenseless against my power

Now i am feeding

what kind of game is this??
    Macbook Core Duo 1.83ghz
    OS X 10.4.10 - 1.25gb Ram

hear me. i coulda get the game (bootleg) long time, but i waiting for the legit stuff to reach me. newegg has it, but a sistren carrying it down for me. i have read the reviews too... they all glow. the forums are pretty pissed tho over a scaling system the game employs. the modders are hard at work creating mods for the game already and i know at least one has come out that deals with this scaling issue.

i am smiling, but i will smile more when the game comes.. and even more when my new 6800gs card arrives.

but good hunting to all those who have it, sgtmac soon come ketch yu up

to chef. i started a thread on this and ramesh started a thread on it, so the info you want is already in this forum somewhere. but the game is an RPG. i cant find the link right now, but if you search for posts by me and ramesh in this section, you should find it. search for Elder Scrolls or Oblivion.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalchef
    what kind of game is this??
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is another leap forward in role-playing with its combination of freeform gameplay and cutting-edge graphics. Oblivion is the sequel to the best-selling, award-winning role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, named 2002 RPG and Game of the Year for both PC and Xbox.

Oblivion features a groundbreaking new AI system, called Radiant AI, which gives non-player characters (NPCs) the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. They'll decide where to eat or who to talk to and what they'll say. They'll sleep, go to church, and even steal items, all based on their individual characteristics. Full facial animations and lip-synching, combined with full speech for all dialog, allows NPCs to come to life like never before.

Oblivion also features a all-star voice cast.

Leading the lineup is Patrick Stewart, playing the role of the Emperor. Stewart is best known among genre fans as Captain Jean-Luc Picard on Star Trek: The Next Generation and as Professor Charles Xavier from the X-Men feature films.

The voice for the Emperor's lost son and heir to the throne is Sean Bean. Bean skyrocketed to the public's attention as Lord Boromir in the Academy Award-winning Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Terence Stamp will lend his talents to the game's heavy plot, a sinister force bent on the destruction of Tamriel, the game's geographical setting. Stamp starred in Star Wars: Phantom Menace as Supreme Chancellor Valorum and as General Zod in the legendary Superman films.

Oblivion is a single-player game that takes place in Tamriel's capital province, Cyrodiil. You are given the task of finding the hidden heir to a throne that sits empty, the previous emperor having been killed by an unknown assassin. With no true Emperor, the gates to Oblivion (the equivalent of hell in the world of Tamriel) open, and demons begin to invade Cyrodiil and attack its people and towns. It's up to you to find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
    Last edited by maf3000; Mar 30, 2006 at 10:56 AM.

game wicked still... playin on a 9600 card right now, so the video quality is set to LOW automatically. kinda cool that it installed to the Bethesda folder automatically so that Morrowind and Oblivion are in the same place on my start menu. the character creation menu is graphically the most detailed i have ever seen. if you had the patience you could create a photo of yourself.

my character
    Name: Mac Semparan
    Race: Redguard
    Mods: none so far

so far, the game well pretty and detailed and ting. jus need my 6800gs card to damn well reach and den wi can take a second look.

soon gone back inna it. bless.
    The Way is in Training.

the game is MASSIVE . no surprise there really. also, its real purty, with a suprising lack of redrawing taking place. rather, the redrawing happens in a different way from morrowind. in morrowind, the near stuff is drawn first and as you travel you notice things in the distance filling in, with Oblivion, everything is there, but the details (grass, flowers, etc) get coloured in as you travel. nothing to complain about so far.
    a couple of significant changes to the system. the lockpicking system is more hands on and less buck up now as is the combat system. in Morrowind sometimes it felt like you were not really fighting strategically, more like button mashing in a way. in this, they have made it possible to block and parry, to time your opponents better.
    now i just need to find a good fence for my stolen sheet.

update:
    Mac Semparan, Redguard, Thief, located in Chorral, Associate of the Fighters Guild, trying to loot everything i can carry.
    The Way is in Training.

Rastaclaat....mi soon join the judgement... As soon as all the parts arrive and the new pc put together. I already have a general idea what the world gonna look like using my x800xl card, no HDR , but u cant run HDR and AA at the same time anywway and AA is the smoother option so i not really callin it a loss...i wanted to get the 6800gs too but i got the x800xl at a deal so mi couldnt change.... good choice u mek tho specially if u took the same one i was looking at ;-)

yes i'm lazy.....

is this the same game that is getting good riviews on the Xbox 1.5? (360)