Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirated Copies Of Longhorn For Sale

Default Pirated Copies Of Longhorn For Sale

Pirated Copies Of Longhorn For Sale

By TechWeb News

Bootleg copies of the next-generation Windows desktop are available on the streets of Johor Bahru, a Malaysian city bordering Singapore.

Longhorn, Microsoft's next-generation desktop operating system, is years away from official release, but counterfeit copies of an early edition are already on sale in Asia, according to news reports Monday out of Malaysia.

The software, which is selling on the streets of Johor Bahru, the Malaysian city bordering Singapore, is the Longhorn version demonstrated and distributed at Microsoft's October developers conference, according to the Reuters news agency. The pirated Longhorn sells for less than two dollars.

Longhorn will be the successor to the current Windows XP desktop OS, but isn't expected to wrap up development until 2006.

Default Re: Pirated Copies Of Longhorn For Sale

Hey Ramesh don't scare me like that again : For a moment there I was loading and locking my trigger finger to delete the post based on the subject ;D Phew!

Thanks though for the link.

Sorry Chris. ;D I copied the post (NOT the software) word for word. I didn't see the second meaning ;D ;D ;D I don't want to go to jail so early in my life, man.

[quote author=Chris link=board=5;threadid=2479;start=0#msg23772 date=1070312961]
    Hey Ramesh don't scare me like that again : For a moment there I was loading and locking my trigger finger to delete the post based on the subject ;D Phew!

Thanks though for the link.
    [/quote]

Likewise Chris... Although I know some people who may approach the thread with a smile.

From the link provided for Greg and John, we do see some insight as to how good Longhorn is going to be. Srill wondering though what the cost is going to be.

Thanks for heads up Ramesh...

what ya talkin bout....longhorn is on bittorrent and other share thingy's for a while now.....thats prolly where they got it in the first place.....
    i betya its ms who put it out there to get some feedback.....either that or some dodgy beta testers.....

[quote author=deakie link=board=5;threadid=2479;start=0#msg23887 date=1070398694]
    what ya talkin bout....longhorn is on bittorrent and other share thingy's for a while now.....thats prolly where they got it in the first place.....
    i betya its ms who put it out there to get some feedback.....either that or some dodgy beta testers.....
    [/quote]

You mean giving out "samples", like what they give school pickney fe hook them?

[quote author=deakie link=board=5;threadid=2479;start=0#msg23887 date=1070398694]
    [/quote]
    I know deakus (hhmm the name has a nice ring to it). I had made a post on it when it was released on one of those share thingy.... ;D

It has been out for a while.

HOWEVER that was the alpha.... I made the assumption that was a newer release of the product.

I would encourage all to purchase the Release from Microsoft. I have much confidence in this release, when it arrives.

I cant wait to get my hands on the final product

xp is fine for now......

Yeah theres been SEVERAL leaks of Longhorn out there.. In total around 5 or 6 different builds ahve leaked... the last one being 4051 (PDC Build)

Downloaded it...
    Installed It....
    Played with it for a few days...

Nice but extremely buggy :P