Thread: Final Fantasy X-2 is OUT!

Default Final Fantasy X-2 is OUT!

Playstation lads 'n lasses, the next biggest title for the PS2 is officially available in the english speaking edition. Final Fantasy X-2 is the very first game in the Final Fantasy series to employ the use of a true sequel. This new adventure picks up where the last one left off as Yuna begins a new Journey to find Tidus (if you finished FFX, you'll know what I'm talking about). I'm in it for the CGI glory (and ofcourse the story... :). Shots like these are to die for...

gaa, gaa, goo, goo....

Default Re:Final Fantasy X-2 is OUT!

Is it true that this game will be ported over to the pc anytime soon?

Default Re:Final Fantasy X-2 is OUT!

Square-Enix is not releasing anymore games for the PC platform. It's too expensive (development-wise) and the returns aren't great. The last Final Fantasy Game relased for PC was VIII - and they made a loss on that one. Since then Square has scorned the PC platform. This is a PS2 only franchise and will continue to be that way for a very long time. Square-Enix has very strong ties with Sony in this regard where their games only come out for PS2.

Besides, who wants to be playing a game on PC where you need to be popping in like 6 CDs in all? I seriously don't think so. That's why I keep telling people, Consoles are the gaming platform of the future. You PC gaming junkies are going to come to that realisation sooner or later. There is far more money to be made in the console market than the PC gaming market - This game is a testament to that fact.

If there was any such development for PC Ropy, I'd be the first to know.