Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What led you to Programming?

Quote Originally Posted by icymint3
    Nobody should get killed for making state of the art tools. Visual Studio IDE is one, i mean you could always go into graphics, or entertainment. The future is not IT(employment that is).
    If your job isn't linked to entertainment, you will be replaced by a robot, some machine or software. You better be in something that requires creativity, computers can't do that.................well.
    If you love to code (like me), you can still have it as a hobby

Anyway, dada, a threat y' a sen to di I. Mi nu appreciate the tone.

???
    What are you saying? Programmers, System Administrators etc.... will become obsolete? Robots will do all our programming?
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    It started with SNAKE.BAS

Snake game that came with DOS 6 (i believe) and QBASIC. One of the first things i tried to do was to alter movementspeeds (and i think investigate the collision-detection).

hey I remember that game. I totally stole it added colors and called it my own

Natural selection led me to programming...my dad's a scientist(entomology), my mom's as mathematician...and i turned out to be a s\ware developer.....lol...all of the afore mentioned is true...
    but i love logic and solving complex problems using various coding techniques..

while in high school i was introduced to programming..for those of u who remember the good old qbasic. wrote an program that basically did some of the stuff that DOS dis such as copy, delete, rename files and format Diskettes...so from them on, i just developed a love for programming and then went on to do a coisse in MIS which covered programs such as pascal, COBOL, C, C++, Visual Basic, foxpro..... have lost my touch now but just looking to pick up where i left off....programming came easy to me and it still is/can be to say the least.

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

Warning... to all programmers. If you love programming, beware of the Jamaica Python user group. DO NOT sign up with their mailing list. You may find Python easy to learn, you may even get help getting started and solving your Python problems.
    Other side effects may include an intense desire to code in python.
    remember don't go to http://python.zope.com.jm/subscribe and sign up.

you have been warned.
    Zope, Linux, Web, Intranet
    www.plone.org

Oops.. I guess its too late for me. I already went to http://python.zope.com.jm/subscribe to sign up. Now i cant shake this great feeling that I have... Woe is me.

PF,
    Reverse Psychology Rocks!
    You go guy.

P.s.
    It got me too.
    LOL
    Out the 100Base-T, past the firewall, through the router, down the cable bus, over the leased line,off the bridge...nothing but Net.

Well for me it all started by accident. I was never really a computer savvy person and had just finished my degree in Business Administration, after leaving school I applied to all the Banks, hotels, looking for a job in the field of business, after months of searching I came up blank. My father had then just taken over CIT and said that I should do the course seeing that I had nothing doing so I started and after 2 weeks I was hooked, the thought of being able to create anything I wanted, the thought of transforming my thoughs into a workable program blew me away. Every day and every night I would practice - now I work at a Bank (but not in any finanical position) but in the field I love.. I.T.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5