Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C&W blocking VOIP service

Interesting that you immediately assume your isp would enter your equipment without your permission. Where I am from that is called libel and could be grounds for legal action. Goucham is right though, the speedtouch has SIP closed by default.
    No longer an abrasive personality. Let there be peace in our realm Profound

Quote Originally Posted by Profound
    Interesting that you immediately assume your isp would enter your equipment without your permission. Where I am from that is called libel and could be grounds for legal action. Goucham is right though, the speedtouch has SIP closed by default.
    Profound if you had read my posts closely you would have understood why I assumed that they changed my settings.....(it is not an impossibility, they can change your device configurations remotely you know).
    I had the thing working for about a week and then suddenly it stopped working without me doing anything, explain that. Base on prior experience with C&W I am willing to bet that they are the ones who changed my settings and I am sure that If I had subscribed to their netSpeak service they would have quickly resolved that issue without me having to call them constantly for a week. Further more if you had live in Jamaica for the past 10-15 years you would have known the type of company that C&W is.... I don't put anything past them.
    Thank God for competition..... GO FLOW !!!!! I can't wait to stop feeding the pig.

Default Voip

Vonage works great. I bet C&W just can't give you enough bandwidth. My Vonage goes to hell once the kids get out of school, and my DSL goes form 512K to 200K.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    For future reference and easier access (in case that page disappears ), the instructions are ...

The Thompson/Alcatel Speedtouch 510/530 router has a SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway) that intercepts packets on port 5060, possibly with the best intentions, but ends up mangling them.

After a few weeks of just having blacklisted the Speedtouch routers though, we eventually discovered a solution.

The solution is simply to telnet to the ADSL modem and remove this binding:

telnet 10.0.0.138 [or replace with the correct ip address]

Trying 10.0.0.138...
    Connected to speedtouch
    Escape character is '^]'.
    Username : root
    Password :
    ... welcome message trimmed

Unbind the SIP protocol and reboot the modem:
    =>nat unbind application=SIP port=5060
    =>config save
    =>system reboot

To check whether the SIP protocol is bound in your modem use this command to show the list of bindings (only showing SIP here):

=>nat bindlist
    Application Proto Port
    SIP udp 5060

If that line doesn't appear, everything should magically start working again.
    I know that I've had to use it before and probably will have to again soon so I wanted these instructions handy
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
    Profound if you had read my posts closely you would have understood why I assumed that they changed my settings.....(it is not an impossibility, they can change your device configurations remotely you know).
    I had the thing working for about a week and then suddenly it stopped working without me doing anything, explain that. Base on prior experience with C&W I am willing to bet that they are the ones who changed my settings and I am sure that If I had subscribed to their netSpeak service they would have quickly resolved that issue without me having to call them constantly for a week.
    I had to do unbind the same modem again for a couple of DSL customers.