Go forth aand run Suse updater aka (YOU)

kernel - Bugfix kernel update for all kernels

This kernel update fixes various problems found since the 9.0 release. - Various ACPI fixes (T40, SCI table, IRQ floods) - Locking problem with ide_scsi_abort - Error handling in cdrom river fixed - Various IPv6 fixes - Racy last merge disabled (deadlocks on SMP machines) - Various NFS corner cases (ACLs, TCP, locks, silly_delete) - Patches to avoid stack overflow - kmod UID / signal and exit_mmap update - Fix memory leak in LVM - Fix /proc read memory corruption - Fix races in ISDN network device removal - reiserfs corruption when cleaning up lost files after crash - - VIA KT400/600 support (don't use AGPv3) - ALSA update, fixing problems with OSS emulation oopsing

I have been hit by the reiserfs BUG myself on my laptop, which resulted in me switching BACK to EXT3. ACPI gave me some tweaking issues
(my Laptop CPU would only clock down but not up when used on battery)
and Sound would cut out... occasionally... ahh fixes

By the way... Just so you know, using you run levels is the best way to administer your system. Switch to runlevel 1 for filesystem level and kernel level tasks and network tweaking, then back to run level 3 or 5.... want more ? read the docs.

--Ja Matane
gillion

P.S. File system switching is not something that you need to reinstall for... if you have space on your hard drive, you can use a Live migration techniques... its a standard UNIX paractice....

I had to spend an hour on IRC last night trying to convince some guy that he never needs to reboot except for core kernel changes. He installed Mozilla 1.5 and wanted to reboot.... man the windows mentality bites.... after that Little bit of exposure he thinks "LINUX ROXSSS! " what will happen when he finds out more about it after time ? I wonder