Thread: Digicel Wap Address?

Default Digicel Wap Address?

Using a smartphone that is configured for web. I dont see the option to connect to wap. In the web window, I typed in wapdigicel and wapdigiceljamaica but didnt work. What I really want is to acces Digi home page that gives info on sports, movies etc. How do I do access this?

It seem like you forgot to put in the dots(i.e. wap.digiceljamaica.com)
    Profile Name: Digicel Live

Home URL : http://wapdigicel.com

Gateway IP: 172.016.007.012

Security: Non-secure

Bearer Type: GPRS

APN: wap.digiceljamaica.com

User ID: wapuser

User Password: wap03jam

Authentication : Normal

next setup the PC usiny the setup wizzard and use the Apn: web.digiceljamaica.com on the PC,also no password or username require on the Pc.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

could i use similar settings on a RARZ v3 or on a Motorola v180 phone as well, as when i entered these settings on the V180, i got and error which states that it could not connect to the site....the V180 was purchased directly from cingular, i dont know if this could be a factor...please advise me on how to proceed...

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

Yes you can, I use the razor v3 to connect to my laptop..
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

u can also use the v180 the setting should work just like the v3

i think i read in a post somewhere and it said that the gprs settings might be locked to the provider that the cell phone was purchased from. since the v180 was purchased from cingular, could it be possible that the gprs settings were locked to cingular and would i have to do a master reset in order to get the digicel gprs to work, as i have entered all the settings listed about and it still does not work so please advise me if this should be my next step...a master reset on the v180............ thanks.

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

Now when I typed in wapdicicel.com in the browser window, the following comes up in window - http://apps5.oingo.com/apps/do. It also gives the name of a site - Network Solutions and some sponsored links. Nothing about Digicel Live. Now the GPRS settings were put by people at Digicel H/O. Shouldnt they use Digicel Live as the home page?

If you click on the wapdigicel link in Utech 22's reply in this thread you will see what I am talking about