Thread: which standard to use?

Default which standard to use?

I am doing a project for OOP its written in C++. some guys decided to step it up a notch and used gui for their project and everyone is oohh and ahhh, and really it is quite easy to do in windows but anyway im digressing.

I decided i would also do gui, but in my open source ways it has to be able to run on mac/win/lin with little code modification.

ive done my research and i can use gtk or wxwidgets or qt.

have any of you guys used these? which would you suggest?

so far i am leaning towards wxwidgets. GTK is based on C so its not quite suitable. I have found how-tos for porting windows wx code to linux but this is quite the other way around. Natively I will be writing this to work on my kubuntu laptop and porting it to windows.

here are some nice reads for thos einterested:
    http://www.codeproject.com/library/wxwidgets.asp
    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/11244.html
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

ok so far i am testing qt, i got the open source kit for windows, and wow this thing is amazing, you guys should visit trolltech's website and check out the demos. im speech less
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Well first thing first, Make sure you complete the assignment before you start throwing extra features in to get a few oooh aahhhs from your friends. Yeah I would say use QT, its gui library is very simple and impressive. It kinda reminds me of Java or C# windowing library. Anyways you should be good, using one library should free your code from the mess of code paths... aka #ifdef etc..

yeah, the basic project will be finished soon, for some strange reason i have no string.h, but i soon work that out, i downloaded the qt4 devel kit for windows, and ll the libraries for linux, workin on it in my spare time. I had no idea qt was so easy, and can run on different os's with such ease. damn trolltech over their proprietary what not, them need to free up the standard, neway, i appreciate what they are doing for now
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com