Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: represent your high school

Default Re:represent your high school

Ok, I hail from probably the best school known for breaking out young men like myself into the well educated and the perfect gentleman I am now. This school will turn a shy guy into a "full blown gallis".

Oh its MEADOWBROOK HIGH SCHOOL.

CKnight is also a production of Meadowbrook if memory serves me right. When i started in 1993, Meadowbrook had the highest passes in A-levels in the island.

ITA SPLENDID LVX VESTRA

http://www.mhsalumniassoc.org/images/School%20Sign.jpg] School Sign

New gates since I left

Awwright Xeno....counteraction time ;D (all in good fun)

Some of the greatest minds, athletes, and beauties in Jamaica today come from Campion ;D ;D ;D

Chris Gilbert
    Your's truly ;D

Deika Morrison - Jr. Minister of Finance Govt. of Jamaica

Christopher Zacca - CEO Air Jamaica

Peter Bunting - Chairman and CEO Dehring Bunting and Golding

T.O.K. - Xavier "Flexx" Davidson, Craig "Craigy T" Thompson, Alistaire "Alex" McCalla, and Roshaun "Bay-C" Clarke

Jerry D - Radio Personality

Nicky Vassel - International Model

Imani Duncan - former Ms. Jamaica

Kimani Robinson - entrepeneur - ReTV, Imex Jamaica

Sion Brinn - Champion swimmer

Gillian Russell - champion track athlete

Duncan Stewart - Director Stewart's Auto Supplies

Arianne Coleman - WINNER of the recently held Fashion Face of the Caribbean and Supermodel of Jamaica 2003 competition

MAHFOOD, Sam, Company Executive. Chairman West Indies Synthetics Company since 1964. Director of Trading - Wisynco Trading Ltd.; Wisynco Lands Ltd; Gator Ltd. Organizations: Past President - Private Sector Organization of Jamaica (P.S.O.J.).

MATALON, Joseph Mayer, B.Sc. (Hons.) Econ. Business Executive, Financial Analyst, Company Director since 1983. Presently Executive Vice-President of the ICD Group of Companies. Chairman, Industrial Finance Holdings Ltd. and British Caribbean Insurance Co. Ltd.,Director, Commodity Service Co. Ltd., the Matalon Family Investments Holding Company, ICD Group and all its subsidiaries, The Bank of Nova Scotia Jamaica Ltd., Scotiabank Jamaica Trust & Merchant Bank Ltd., Telecommunications of Jamaica (an affiliate of Cable & Wireless PLC), The Gleaner Co. Ltd., the Institute of Management and Production. Trustee of the Pension Funds for ICD, Telecommunications of Jamaica and Bank of Nova Scoita Ja. Ltd. Member of the Investment Committee of the University of the West Indies. Organizations: Former Vice-President, Private Sector Organization of Jamaica.

Jade Fulford-Miss Jamaica World 2003

David Coore PhD from MIT - Lecturer at UWi in Comp. Science dept. (related to Cat Coore, Sen. Coore)

Campionites run the Medical Fraternity (chek how many Campionites enter Med School each year)

Campionites run IT

Campionites run Finance

Campionites run the Legal profession etc. etc.

Where ever big tings a gwaan...Campionites will be right at the front.
    ;D ;D 8) 8)

I must say though...I thank my parents for sending me to a school where there were girls around every day ;D 8)
    Don't know how you guys at all boys schools managed :-\

3 words BCK...

Immaculate Conception High

George's & ICHS are brother & sister schools under the same fraternity called "Society of Jesus" (so is Campion).

But all three schools (George's, Immaculate & Campion) are run by the Jesuits from St. George's yute....

All of the upper level management of all three schools takes place at George's. It's the HQ for the educational arm of the Catholic church in Jamaica.

.........so in truth and in fact, a WE run tings!!

As for the girls side of the equation, you can ask Nas... most of my female friends are Immac girls (not by will, but by chance of natural association). Everyone knows (or should know) that Immaculate produces the the best women in the corporate area (and also the most eccentric....;D) ...... you should visit St. George's college in the afternoons when we have key club meetings....

.......It would seem like a daily George's/Immaculate convention......

....and which guy in his right mind wouldn't want to be swamped with Immaculate girls in the afternoon?

HEEEYLOOO!! ;D ;D ;D

Campion chicks are great..... but Campion chicks will never match the quality of those from Immaculate. NEVER. Not in a thousand years. I speak from experience . Immaculate chicks spread the full spectrum of everything in a woman that can turn men into boys, and boys into babies......

Furthermore, many Campion 6th form females are former Immaculate girls....... so unless you get into Campion 6th form (which you have to be an übergeek to accomplish) you will never experience the best of both worlds - unless you're in a George's keyclub meeting.......... ;D ;D

............'ave dat!

fiesty bwooy...... ;D

Ferncout High (Claremont, St. Ann)

There are many who graduated this school and presently play some "important" role in society.

Take me for example... I contribute alot to these forums ;D

3 words BCK...

Immaculate Conception High

George's & ICHS are brother & sister schools under the same fraternity called "Society of Jesus" (so is Campion).
    But all three schools (George's, Immaculate & Campion) are run by the Jesuits from St. George's yute....

All of the upper level management of all three schools takes place at George's. It's the HQ for the educational arm of the Catholic church in Jamaica.
    Be that as it may...we still are the jewel in the crown ;D ;D

As for the girls side of the equation, you can ask Nas... most of my female friends are Immac girls (not by will, but by chance of natural association). Everyone knows (or should know) that Immaculate produces the the best women in the corporate area (and also the most eccentric....;D) ...... you should visit St. George's college in the afternoons when we have key club meetings....

.......It would seem like a daily George's/Immaculate convention......

....and which guy in his right mind wouldn't want to be swamped with Immaculate girls in the afternoon?
    Thankfully Campion men didn't have to wait until the evening and twilight to interact with the ladies They were there learning and sharing with us every hour of the day ;D ;D

Campion chicks are great..... but Campion chicks will never match the quality of those from Immaculate. NEVER. Not in a thousand years. I speak from experience . Immaculate chicks spread the full spectrum of everything in a woman that can turn men into boys, and boys into babies......
    All ladies are lovely, but the simple fact that Immaculate girls and others came to Campion for extra lessons etc. shows that we had something they lacked ;D Campion ladies had the privillage of getting the total package right from the start 8) 8) Need I say anything about the numerous beauty queens from Campion???

Furthermore, many Campion 6th form females are former Immaculate girls....... so unless you get into Campion 6th form (which you have to be an übergeek to accomplish) you will never experience the best of both worlds - unless you're in a George's keyclub meeting..........
    Statistically speaking Xeno, the ratio of non-Campionites to Campionites at 6th form level is really low. They let in only a handful of outsiders each year...and those are usually the ones who top CXC in the island and win prizes etc. (I should know...I married one of them 8) Big ups to Glenmuir too 8) ) So there haven't been as many Immaculate girls in Campion 6th form as you may think - it's mostly made up of Campionites. And once again...if the world is beating a path to Campion 6th form....that only re-enforces it's status as the creme-de-la-creme ;D ;D 8) 8) So have that Xeno ;D

In any case...Jamaica have nuff top notch schools...Big Ups to them all...
    I have nuff respect and love for them all - even St. Georges (had family that taught there back in the day).

It's all in good fun BCK. Everybody knows that Campion is the top school in the island (as far as academic performance goes). You people have teachers there that MARK CXC!

...and that's not fair... :'(

Anyways, I think the only other comparisons as far as consistent academic performance goes are Cornwall College, Glenmuir, St. Jago & Munroe College. I'm referring to persistent high level passes at the 5th & 6th form levels. Immaculate hasn't had that many good passes since 1999, when a record of about 15 or so girls got in the 7 - 9 one's range (our resident rreky is one of them). I think that was the last time that Jamaica got the CXC award. The awardee was from Immaculate. 9 perfect one's... that lass is now at Yale University.....

....'er family forking out a good US $60,000 a year to pay for that... (translation: J$3,600,000 per year!! ) so they bleeding out of their noses for that lass.... had to mortgage/lease their massive house to pay for that tuition. I hope her psychology degree is worth that kinda sacrifice.... :

ANYWAYS....

How come I don't see any of those boys from the wrong other side of North street saying anything here? I think we may have scared them away.... :-X

Hey BCK, can you tell me why Campion doesn't have a Manning Cup team? If so, why haven't I heard of them?

LOL ;D

Naw, ignore me. I'm just playin' fellas ;D

Hey BCK, can you tell me why Campion doesn't have a Manning Cup team? If so, why haven't I heard of them?
    LOL
    Low blow Xeno :-\

What can I say? When I first went to Campion, they were getting some horrible 6 love beatings in football. As the years progressed there was some good improvement - we actually were beating teams and stuff. Then after I left 6th form...they reverted to the 6 love losses - I don't know what the heck happened... ??? ???

My only defence is that the school places such high regard for academics that nothing (not even sports) is allowed to compromise a student's performance. So you would find that the good athletes and ballers go on study lock down for CXC and A Levels. Heck...athletic achievements won't get you into 6th form if your grades don't cut it...so
    some good sports people don't make it to 6th form.

Anyways...such is life. You can't win em all :-\

Actually, in the '94 Mannings Cup (when George's was kickin' everyone's arse) Campion actually beat a few sides well that time. I forget which side they lost to. Don't remember if it was Vaz Prep ummm.... I mean Norman Manley High. Yeah, it was NMH that kicked their arse for 6-0. George's exorcised NMH using the Catholic baptism with an 8-0 that year, to avenge Campion's defeat - obviously .... which makes me wonder.... if we had beat NMH 8-0, and NMH beat Campion 6-0......... I'm almost afraid to do the math....

......it's like I saw a yute crying one evening after a classic North Street clash. When we asked him what was the prob, he told us Campion beat his team by some 3-1 scoreline. Ofcourse there was a violent uproar of laughter... because back then we boys were terribly mean. We were teasing them that even Immaculate could beat Campion.......

.....LOL.....

.................... damn....... we lads were terrible. You didn't want to be seen in a Campion uniform in '94. I mean even Wolmers Boys were taking pot shots at them (Gillion's a Wolmers Old Boy - he should remember this).

Young boys can be so horrible. :

Fun and Joke aside though, as much as you see me talking here, if I had a kid, I'd probably still send them to Campion. ;D But if they wanted to partake in the Schoolboy prestige, I wouldn't stop them - unless they were gravitating towards the dark side of North Street or that other school on Hope Road.... ;D

This world is a radically different place from what it was in the mid 90's. Can't be too careful these days. :-\

... the dark side of North Street ...
    speaking of the 'dark side', i remember when i first started seeing those annoying fortis bumper stickers here there and everywhere from kingston to mobay. of course, i had to get my stgc one big and bold for my car but for some reason the fortis stickers outnumbered everybody else's on the road .. anyhow, imagine my annoyance last year when i'm all the way in montreal, stuck in a taxi in traffic and as i look over to my right at the back of car in the next lane, there is a rhatid fortis sticker on the back of it. mi glad fi see jamaicans in my travels but dat fortis sticker grieve mi dat day!

Xeno...you might want to go back and edit the phrase in parenthesis in the first line of your last comment...dat deh terminology nuh really sound too right ??? ??? ???

Anyways...

It was actually after '94 that it all went downhill with football...
    At least we usually did decently with cricket and have put out people like Llewellyn Meggs who plays for Jamaica. We also helo our own with Tennis, badminton, swimming, water polo, chess, and we've even put out a few golfers I think.

I mean even Wolmers Boys were taking pot shots at them (Gillion's a Wolmers Old Boy - he should remember this).
    I remember an incident where a bunch of Wolmer's lads came strolling into Campion on a mission to "deal wid a yout". They were horribly surprised/disciplined/dispatched. After all...who tell dem seh dem can waltz eena people yard and gwaan wid dem tings deh... ??? > Cho... >

Anyways I have to Big Up Wolmers still seeing as how I went to the prep school.

Bwoy... all this remeniscing making me feel old...but it's good to bring back the memories