Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Personal Phone Directory

well, i wanted to give CXC a program theyve never seen b4 and will never c again. I wonder if i'll get an award from CXC for wickedest app eva. lol
    Do not live your life in fear, 'cuz if you do, you will never live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLust_89
    of course man. u can use it and distribute it. Ill make it official freeware. Just change the splash screen and bam! However, people most times seem to miss the OPTIONS buttons at the bottom of the form.

i started vb last year october for Ganeral IT. But i got to like the fact that API calls were so easy so i continued to study it. I wrote snake n vb and my own process controller with a so called "PostThreadMessage() exploit" that will close any system process with a window.

Heres sumting im working on now. I call it VB Snake. Ive inclded source and exe. Check it out and tewll me what u think.

http://d.turboupload.com/d/597881/VB_Snake.rar.html
    Yes man, i wish I was this crazy when I was your age, d snake neat still, keep it up and u'll make good dough in the feature.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift ... that is why it is called the present

Indeed, i hope so. I plan to program for my living.
    Do not live your life in fear, 'cuz if you do, you will never live your life.

Hey crosswire , which school did u go to, to learn programming ? , and if you are self taught what books did u read ?

Can't follow me still 'cause I am mad, sick, an' crazy. LOL

I am a hybrid, I studied material from UWI, CIT, and UTECH over the internet, and a few nice learning websties. I was in direct contact wth people from these institutions so I could borrow books and CDs. I had a couple of programming books and magazine too when I started.

Basically I did not learn from one source!!! If I had peeps from NCU then I would pick there heads too.

I was not self taught completely. I really started with a friend showing me what to do and correcting my code, but sometimes I showed him stuff too. More self taught developed after being a coder for a while.

My advise get a book, or two, and follow a well outlined curriculum, also work with somebody, a peer, if you are interested in programming. (I started at UWI but did not finish there and I am still learning. Just enough to start )
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

ok cool , u seem like u know alot though , i wish i had a quarter of you knowledge , well i didn't start liking programming until i left college and started working maybe if i had been exposed to it but i started working things would have been different .
    anyway respect zeen