Thread: Apache/MySql/PHP easy distrib

Default Apache/MySql/PHP easy distrib

check out foxserv if you ever wanted to run a PHP capable webserver or development server on your box.

http://www.foxserv.net

(this may be more helpful in the gen. programming section... ??? )

Default Re: Apache/MySql/PHP easy distrib

You can also use EasyPHP 1.7
    http://www.canowhoopass.com/guides/easyphp/

Appserv is also "tri-able"
    Use google and search for the link

does anyone know of any issues with getting Apache2 to work on Windows 2000 server.
    Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I have PHP4.0.5 installed on a windows2000server box, running Apache1.3.14 and MySql3.23.32. (I used an installer PHPTriad2.11).

I now want to upgrade the PHP to at least version 4.3.X. I have tried a few installers (TSW3.3.4, PHPEasyWindowsInstaller4.3.8.1 and EasyWebServer1.6). The installations ran alright, and I see the apache "feather" (apache monitor), and services.msc shows apache and MySql running as services... but when I type the URL http://localhost I cannot seem to get the apache welcome page.

I stopped the services (Mysql, Apache), uninstalled the program's files and reinstalled PHPTriad2.11 to make sure that I did not break anything, it works perfectly....but I need a higher version of PHP to run PHPNuke

Suggestions anyone?
    Can I upgrade the PHP alone, and how do I do it and get it to work with the present configuration?
    Are there any know issues with Windows2000 server and Apache2?
    Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes

hmmm...you could backup you php folder and then overwrite it with the newer version. if that doesn't work/causes problems uninstall triad and get a newer version of it. Or just try to install php over triad. I am not sure what will happen really. It would be best to get a newer version of triad since you are accustomed to using that.

Just to add here, I only suggest the use of installers to those that have successfully set up the XAMP architecture manually. To do otherwise is to place yourself in a situation where you’re unaware of the variables involved in setting up these services and as such you place yourself at disadvantage when problems occur.

Remember that you’re installing three different applications that must inter-operate and the persons that created the installer have no idea what your machines makeup is, as such it is very possible that something will not work.
    -I didn't spel chek.
    The stuff I do

i hate using things like easyphp and so on, i just like to install all the things separately the hard way. Right now i have apache 1.3.x with php 5 and mysql 4.0.2. The only thing is that the libmysql (dll) file was corrupted in php 5 so you have to do some copying.
    He who hesitates, dies.

I only suggest the use of installers to those that have successfully set up the XAMP architecture manually. To do otherwise is to place yourself in a situation where you’re unaware of the variables involved in setting up these services and as such you place yourself at disadvantage when problems occur.
    I agree totally, the issue is that when I tried to do them individually I kept running into problems that I couldn't figure out. Without much help around, I decided to go the easier route (automatic installers) and then learn from one of them how this thing should be done.

Took Owen's suggestions...got a newer version of Triad, installed it (it worked fine), then got the PHP4.3.3 and just replaced the PHP folder (found in c://Apache).

It seems to be working fine (I haven't encountered any problems with light usage for the past week.)

Thanks much

I still have not come across any problems with my setup (mentioned below), but I have still been kinda on the look out for options. I came across this VERY useful link on Nukecops.com. It is actually a part of the PHPNuke documentation (Topic 3.6 - the part which deals with installation locally).

http://www.nukecops.com/PHP-Nuke_ins...e-locally.html

They actually have quite a lot of stuff useful for peeps working in this environment...go check it out!