Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit Card Fraud

LOL, this is real funny still despite the seriousness of the situation, this bredda nuh easy at all, what him thing was going to happen? I say follow what ropy said, those are some good suggestion.

I feel sorry for the guy who did this. I personally believe that he will get away with it though. This is still Jamaica, and the necessary procecution paperwork may never get done.

Right now the youth a fret like wha cause him a worry bout prison. but me a check out somthing and it look like him will get away with it. oh type in "credit" in limewire and u find it. but me a fret fi me brethren so pray fi him cause me no want him go no prison.
    WHY PAY WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FREE!!!!!

I find this very strange still, I know most online stores that sell tech stuff requires that your credit card billing address be the same as you delivery address. That is so to prevent stuff like this, so how did he manage to order the laptop?

well to what him tell me, he used his address as the billing address and the delivery address. and he said he got a conferm,ation message. but what puzzles me is that he said he tried use it on paypal and it said the card was denied!

Quote Originally Posted by akoo
    well to what him tell me, he used his address as the billing address and the delivery address. and he said he got a conferm,ation message. but what puzzles me is that he said he tried use it on paypal and it said the card was denied!
    deeper the rabbit hole goes. I'm not sure sites allow you to specify billing addresses, If they did it would subvert the very reason they used it to prevent credit card fraud. You specify the billing address when u apply for the card from a fininacial institution. On a transaction, the billing address of the card is verified by the merchant's system via some form of electronic communication between the merchant and the issuer of the card. If you were allowed to type in a billing address then maybe the site he ordered from is a fake and wanted to capture the credit card info.

BTW which site did he order the laptop from?
    Last edited by leoandru; Feb 9, 2006 at 11:00 AM.

He purchased it from dell.com, man u guys should see the specs of that thing! if him get it me glad fi him , if him no get it me still glad fi him!

Why has the download hits for limewire just gone up so high?
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

But seriously like how he is a minor, lives in jamaica, first offence do u guys realy think he will go to prison?

Your friend needs some jailtime still.

Punishment for mistakes is a must but we have to support the yardy... no matter what... stand behind the yardy...

To reiterate... what he did was wrong... wrong wrong wrong... but americans stand behind americans... no matter what...
    Stand behind him for what? So when him try dodge the bullet, it hit we? No sir.

This is the kind of thinking that leads to crime being rampant. Criminals shouldn't be supported. They should be brought to justice.