Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UWI | UTECH | NCU :Which Is The Most Technologically Advanced

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    I think UWI trains managers and Utech trains field workers. Sorry but it's the truth. Utech people will get jobs easier because there are more jobs at their levels...but they will find it hard to move up to managerial positions.

I agree with that Electrotechnic! With the hands-on experience that UTECH graduates obtain, they will be better equipped to enter the working world!
    "I don't procrastinate! I just manage my available time in an inefficient manner!"

I am going to be a 4th year student at UTech come September. UTech does not live up to th Tech. I don't see a way of paying for tuition online for instance. Several things need to be implemented. Their I.D. cards is another joke. They need a whole lot more automation in my opinion.

Thank God I am not majoring in Computing because I would've been given a total culture shock.

In sum, actual does not live up to expectations. Shame on UTech. Whatever changes they implementing (eg. ISAS) is either too slow or poorly implemented.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Sorry but I think this thread is more about IT facilities for student (all, not just Comp Sci).

UTECH degree program great but the facilities are way behind UWI.

eg. UWI students get free dial up subscribtion from eva since. however slow it may be.
    THANK GOD

No, not because I made reference to the degree, I wasn't talking about that. What I meant is that I would've been even more perturbed if I was majoring in Computing because my expectations would've been higher from UTech with regards to it's facilities etc.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

That part about UWI. CS20R- Analysis of Algorithms and CS20S-Discrete Mathematics are killer courses....to amke it worse...theya re compulsory. I loved Digital Logic and Computer Architecture though.
    Those are courses we do in 2nd and 3rd year at utech, trust me, discrete maths is baby compared to other courses that is done at utech.

From what ive heard (from uwi persons), UTECH has a much better and more difficult course outline than UWI, which goes more technical and in details than what uwi has to offer.

As everbody else said tho, the facilities at UTECH, and administration could be muuuchh better
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

ok so as a utech student lemmi tell unu ISAS SUX.......i think its a reflection of the admin TOTAL RUBBISH!!!!!!!! i'm really upset about the isas system utech need fi do betta dan dat. jus as sumone mentioned in an earlier post if them did have 4th yr ppl do it as a final project them wuda get a betta system and for free! uwi's system is way betta.........doan get mi wrong now i love utech's degree programme it's way better thats y i chose it ova uwi's own which sux. doan kno ntn bout ncu really but from wat i kno them seem to get them grades on time unlike at utech. utech jus need sum improvemens and them good to go
    Becoming aware of my character defects leads me to the next step -- blaming my parents.

TwistedPair Guest

I think UWI trains managers and Utech trains field workers. Sorry but it's the truth. Utech people will get jobs easier because there are more jobs at their levels...but they will find it hard to move up to managerial positions.
    I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever, you need to expound on that my friend. Are you saying that UWI has more management courses or that UTECH only teaches grunt work. Even if that where the case I remember a statement maid my a certain Russian lecturer, let me paraphrase it for you "You can have degree, certificates, whatever you want that say you are a manager but you ain't going to manage jack strait outa university maybe not 5 years after that.". What matters is experience and you going to need to get that somehow, I know quite a few UWI alum who still waiting at home waiting for they management position, and to them I say good luck with that.

OK from what I follow "Infrastructure is better at UWI than at UTech". Hope UTech gets more state of the art.

I know that a degree program is challenging, and I figure that post grad is moreover so. I also know that you all UWI | UTECH | NCU doing unnu work, degree wise.

Hope unnu can all be productive cause the Country need it.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPair
    I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever, you need to expound on that my friend. Are you saying that UWI has more management courses or that UTECH only teaches grunt work. Even if that where the case I remember a statement maid my a certain Russian lecturer, let me paraphrase it for you "You can have degree, certificates, whatever you want that say you are a manager but you ain't going to manage jack strait outa university maybe not 5 years after that.". What matters is experience and you going to need to get that somehow, I know quite a few UWI alum who still waiting at home waiting for they management position, and to them I say good luck with that.

well said...........................
    Becoming aware of my character defects leads me to the next step -- blaming my parents.

I wonder, or should I say I get the feeling that this technological debate is only between Utech and UWI?

Now for NCU. We have some of the best programmers in the region. Infact, last year they entered an international competition (Microsoft Imagine Cup), they came 4th place in the world.This year CnW sponsors them for their brilliance. Where teaching and experience is concerned, NCU has it all. They just don't leave students hanging.

Yes, we have a website which fascillitates online registering, checking grades, accounts, etc. Infact they are on time in posting of grades which i most say i'm please with what I see. That I am

Can't say about UWI and Utech but, at NCU i doubt you'll find any CRT monitors; flat panels all the way. Not bragging. That I am not

So far, from what I'm hearing about Utech and UWI; They're not all that.