Thread: Kill Bill

Default Kill Bill

People, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

The only way to describe it is Japanese Anime come to life. There's enough blood and gore for you to say "damn, this is way too much blood and gore".

The unique way in which this movie plays out is a welcomed breath of fresh air. Uma whips the llamas azz as she plays *Beep*, a woman who's out for revenge against her former employer, Bill (duh).

The swordplay is fantastic, in my view it surpasses Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and my all time hack-and-slash flick.

I'm not rgonna ruin it for anyone by going through the whole thing, all I can say is if you're a fan of Inuyasha or Samuri X, you'll LOVE this movie and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

GO SEE IT!!!!!

Default Re:Kill Bill

Yet, another Quentin Tarantino masterpiece, Kill Bill is the personification of Spaghetti Westerns, Samurai Vengance, and a 20 minute Martial Arts extravaganza. The movie is really part 1 to a 2 part series. It is practically the culmination of everything that Quentin Tarantino loves in movies in one flick. You will find many references to old movie houses such as Shaw Brothers, (which is now Golden Harvest) and even uses the 1975 feature film logo used by Miramax for much of the 70's and early 80's.

The texture of the film is idiosyncratic of Tarantino's style, which should be pretty evident after the very first scene, (which happens to be a fight sequence). That style, is one in which the plot line does not unfold in chronological order. The events happening at the beginning of the film, actually take place AFTER the events at the end, which follow events in the middle (remember Pulp Fiction?). I hope you're not confused. It's really quite easy to follow.

The plot is a very old one with a major twist on characters, and story. In one breath, Uma Therman plays a bride left for dead after a massacre of her wedding ceremony by the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad (DiVAS) which were commissioned by her former lover (Bill), who actually wakes from a coma 4 years later to go on a vindicative rampage across the world against all the former members of DiVAS and subsequently, Bill, who happens to be hiding a secret which is revealed at the very end of the movie......(pant, wheeze, huff, puff....)

Kill Bill Volume 2 (which will be released February 20th, 2004) will take place largely in China where Uma Therman's character will hone her Kung Fu skills (she actually uses ninjutsu in this flick) before she pursues the rest of DiVAS and subsequently engage in a final cathartic showdown with Bill in Mexico at the end of the second volume. How this will play with the secret revealed at the end of the first flick is one to be seen.

The movie is great because of HOW this story is told. There's lots of adult content, martial arts, ninjutsu, gore and more blood spilling than a thousand open heart surgeries. ;D Ensure that you go see this flick with a VERY strong stomache. Personally, years of watching Japanimé have pretty much desensitized me to all this wanton and indiscriminate blood spilling. But if you're taking your girl who is squeamish and you really want to see this awesome flick, it's time to give 'ar bun. ;D

I mean, blood gushes so freely and in such large quantities from people who are (quite graphically) eviscerated, dismembered, dis-emboweled, fatally mamed, decapitated, deformed, chopped up to bits [insert favourite hack 'n slash word here] that in the last fight scene, the body parts sprawled over the floor with all the guts and fleshly remains would make Ninja Scroll seem tame by comparison. Blood gushes in this movie like it was in short supply. No vampire movie in history has this much blood or gore. Blood is not spilled. It is poured. In bucket loads. Very cool ;D

Add to that, I think this is the first movie role that Lucy Liu appears in where I loved her so much that for once, I was cheering for the bad guys. Lucy Liu ROCKED THE HOUSE! But Uma did her fair share of ninjutsu demonstradum perfectum ;D. There were actually times where her martial arts sequences were so good, I actually started thinking that she could kick Jet Li's @ss. So I was pinching myself pretty often. The martial arts were that good. Then again, I wouldn't expect any less from choreographers such as Sonny Chiba (for the ninjutsu fight sequences) and Yuen Wo Ping (for the kung fu sequences - in Volume 2). If you remember Yuen Wo Ping, you'll remember that it was he that taught Keanu Reeves to kick @ss like that in the Matrix movies. So go expecting to see HIGH quality martial arts entertainment.

Overall, excellent movie. Knew it was good before it even got here (Saw it overseas). I give it ****½. It looses ½ for the sometimes ridiculous amount of gore portrayed. No human being has that much blood in them I'm quite sure. Additionally, I doubt that everybody has their blood under such HIGH pressure, that a tiny wound would cause blood to gush out of you like a broken water maine.... fun to watch, but borderline ridiculous at some points.

What was surprisingly good as well too CKnight, was Underworld. I was actually a little impressed with what I saw. Not bad at all.

thats terrible...all that blood and gore....i'll have to watch it though as tarantino's movies are always a topsy turvy of ideas in movies.... ;D

Deakie,

Gotta second you on that one. The script was good enough as is... Tarantino made it even better with seamless cinematography and some innovative directorial takes on what could've easily been mundane or probably corny prose. My one reservation... all that blood and gore. I guess for a generation acclimatized to social events such as Waco, Rockstar Games and violence in the middle east it should be a walk in the park