Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compaq Armada 300 Board Problems??

Default Re:Compaq Armada 300 Broad Problems??

I would like to if you could possibly go online and search the news groups... dejanews and usenet... see if other people have had similar if not identical problems... and what solutions of causes did they find... sounds good ?

--ergards
    Simon

Default Re:Compaq Armada 300 Board Problems??

Update...

I did a few checks did not turn up anything specific to my case.

Digital Transtec has ordered a new motherboard and power adapter for the computer so I now await these to arrive in the island. Will update you guys on any further progress.

It's a pity that Digital doesn't have a "lemon policy". That is, if you buy a device which has to be repaired under warranty more than twice, they would replace it for you with a new equivalent device. The thought of having the notebook in surgery more than on the playing field would seriously bother me >

I guess that would be a very nice policy!!

But that directive I figure would have to come from the manufacturer themselves... and since this particualr laptop was actually purchased in Canada then I figure they would not be too willing to do so ....

[quote author=Collin link=board=3;threadid=213;start=0#1719 date=1037154859]
    ... and since this particualr laptop was actually purchased in Canada then I figure they would not be too willing to do so ....
    [/quote]

Oh you bought it in Canada! Well then, consider yourself getting good service from these guys considering you didn't buy it from them in the first place ;D

Yep ! i do ... and to think that the warranty runs until june 2003 eh?

Thats what extended warranty does for you! ;D

UPDATE:

Got a call from Digitial today to say that they had the motherboard and power supply for my laptop and that as soon as they had fit the mo-bo in they would call me to pick it up....

Having not heard from them for a few hours I called only to find out that they discovered something else.... some regulator for the board had also gone bad !!!

So now I have to wait again until this can be ordered and get here in JA.... .so the wait continues.

Finally got back the laptop today along with a new power adapter from Digitial... will be putting it through some paces over the next couple days and watching the response!!