Thread: CS 2 leaked ????

Default CS 2 leaked ????

k.. so the Half-Life 2 code was leaked.. but now I'm hearing that working copies of CS 2.. Counter-Strike 2 .. have been leaked as well???

any truth to the rumors? I'll be looking for some...

Default Re:CS 2 leaked ????

CS Source Port/CS:CZ Leaked
    rizzuh @ 2:09 am pdt on 10/9/03

Source = Counter-Strike Nation

More leaks related to the initial source code/VALVe leak has come out. Here's what Fragmaster from Planet Half-Life says, since I'm not very eloquent:
    Well, it appears that this "Anonymous Leaker" character wasn't bluffing, because now he's apparently released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine. And he's also supposedly released an outdated build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (it's going gold Friday, see yesterday's story) and/or possibly something that deals with Counter-Strike 2. We really don't care to know the details, and we can't exactly confirm this because we refuse to download these releases ourselves. And we of course strongly suggest you don't download any of this stolen material either.
    I'm guessing that VALVe had something up its sleeve concerning a port of CS to the new Source (HL2) engine, unless someone coded themselves a port (which seems unlikely). Cool, a free surprise from VALVe ruined by some dork. And man, you have to admit that VALVe really deserves to have their free updates to the community spoiled!

Of course, we here at CS-Nation would agree with the sentiment that downloading anything like this is pretty pointless. Hey, you know, I'm a pretty big fan of CS/HL and even I can wait until the stuff is final. Heck, games are about fun. It's pretty hard to enjoy a game when it has silly debug messages running across the screen. "DEBUG 2293ms WORSHIP NEWELL!! -LOMBO & BASKETHEAD" really kills the mood of a game. I don't think there is much point in downloading the leaks of the games because they're just not playable. They can't be fun.

i agree...who the hell downloads this stuff? I say wait for the final release. how can you take a game such as halflife or condition zero in its pre-mature form. Now you've spoiled our anticipation of the game and turned it into a whole lot of um....non anticipation...um...thingy. :P

[quote author=biohazrd link=board=11;threadid=2133;start=0#msg21013 date=1066834838]
    i agree...who the hell downloads this stuff? I say wait for the final release. how can you take a game such as halflife or condition zero in its pre-mature form. Now you've spoiled our anticipation of the game and turned it into a whole lot of um....non anticipation...um...thingy. :P
    [/quote]

If you not a good programmer then the code will mean nothing to you. If you are .... then by golly it will be your play ground.

heh I downloaded the whole HL2 leaked playable version and w00t believe me its DAMN good (for a leak anyways : )

Graphics like but some of the stuff are choppy like textures and stuff but u gotta expect that for a leak