Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you find God?

Default Re:How did you found God?

It's really great reading the different experiences. Thanks for sharing guys! I know that others reading these posts will have something to think about. I'm also sure that there are others with more to share. Keep up the good stuff and keep the faith! ;D

Default Re:How did you find God?

Well I am a church goer from I was born. So there wasn't any big discovery.

Like some of the other guys, I've been in the Church since birth. So I can identify with Xeno, Arch_Angel and Kid_Fuzz when they say that they've always known about God.

Funnily enough though, I always felt kindof left out of the loop because all the other kids and people at Church seemed to have every other word out of their mouth being Jesus...but I didn't understand why they were so excited while I wasn't.

It wasn't until I had reached one of the lowest points in my life, that I finally got it. Just as that story/song about footsteps in the sand... all my life God was there with me, but I didn't realized fully that He was walking with me. When things got so rough that I couldn't make it on my own, He carried me, and that time, I saw and felt the difference. I guess when you realize just how far off you can go without God in your life, you appreciate even more when He makes His presence felt.

Throughout life there are many times when God reveals Himself to people. Sometimes it is a big dramatic event, but sometimes it is just a gentle reminder that He's there. 2 such things stand out in my mind.

When I was going through one of the roughest times of my life, emotionally, spiritually and academically, God sent me a gift to help me through it all and to know that He was taking care of things...He sent me the lady who is now my wife

The next thing was when I started studying Computer Science in University. After learning about circuits, and logic and algorithms, and coding, it dawned on me one night while working on a programming assignment that a computer really is just a model of the human brain, and for all it's complexity and wonderous makeup, it cannot think on its own. The human brain is far more complex than that of any computer, and we who possess it are able to think freely and make choices. Whoever designed our brains must be the most powerful force in existence, and that force must love us immensly to grant us that wonderful gift.

Now when you think about someone going through all that trouble to give you such wonderful gifts, what else can you do but show your gratitude by trying to live the kind of life that the Giver of Life intended you to? 8)

So I guess you could say that I found God in a beautiful woman, and in technology. ;D ;D 8) 8)

*Sniff, sniff* .... that was so beautiful BCK... *wipes tear from eye*