Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Tech Life vs Your Personal Life!!!

Default Re:Your Tech Life vs Your Personal Life!!!

As simple as the Question may seem that <<MiTcHiE>> post it’s a serious one. I am currently having that same balancing issue too and it’s not getting any better. Balancing my family life, Girlfriend life, Technology life, and Work life is getting pretty demanding. I played 1st division basketball some time ago for EMC Wild Cats, That I had to give up because I had to give more time to work and for other reasons. But anybody in the demanding tech. industry with I balance life I envy you. I am now thinking a level of meditation and spirituality may be the answer.

Peace,
    Kacey.

bwoy, i am constantly in and out of the doghouse coz of the computer

Any way you look at it, it still boils down to prioritizing activities in order of importance.

Look at what gives the greates value and benefit and ensure that attention is devoted to it.

Eg. God is the reason you exist, and having a good relationship with Him will guarantee benefits greater than anything you can imagine - therefore some time should be set aside to acknowledge Him, give thanks and praise and build on that relationship. Your family/loved ones have supported you through your rough times so when they need attention set some time aside for them. If you're not healthy, you can't function properly so set time aside to eat right, excercise and rest adequately. Your work lets you pay the bills so set time for that too.

We make these kinds of decisions all the time. The priorities are determined by our perception of benefit - long term or short term. I think we can all improve our skills in this area by careful thinking about the various demands on our time and sorting out which activities provide us with the greater benefits in the short term and the long term and examining the potential consequences of our actions.

Just think of it as analysing the algorithm of your life to achieve optimal performance and efficiency 8)

Nice way of putting it BlackCryptoKnight