Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Tech Life vs Your Personal Life!!!

Default Your Tech Life vs Your Personal Life!!!

OK, i am having loads of problems. In short its TIME.

Basically i need advice or a solution.

[glow=red,2,300]How do u guys balance ur tech life and ur Personal life???[/glow]

Personal life meaning anything other than tech related, which would include family, non-tech frenz, girlfrenz, church, etc.

Default Re:Your Tech Life vs Your Personal Life!!!

Whoi.....

how mi fi ansa dah one yah now...

ok.. first lets look at my life..

there's work, company, church, family, girl, hobby tech, and to a MUCH lesser extent basketball...

this is how I do it...

work is bread and butter so company, hobby tech, basketball and sometimes church have to be done around it

girlfriend works at work ;D (yes it works.. she's in a diff dept.) so I don't have to fight for "time" mostly cause we spend our days "together" .. still weekends are spent mostly with her, family, church

MOST of my friends are NETicians so that's where we hook up.. those who aren't tend to cuss me that they can't see or hear from me .. suh yuh dun know...

ahhh... well...

pretty much you have to go back to that e-mail with the professor, his class, a glass and some stones of diff sizes.... the moral was to ensure that the big things get their place first... then the little stuff.. otherwise the big stuff will never fit...

the one thing the story leaves out (becasue it's based on the individual) is what the "big things" are... das your choice

Bwoy...best advice I can give is put God first...everything else falls into place after that. Read your bible, go to church, and you'll find you have a clearer perspective on how to prioritize everything.

Can't leave out the family (including the significant other) and your true friends.

GOD > Family
    Family > Work
    Work > Basketball

p.s. make sure not to leave out entertainment (bball). God is a happy god, and everything is balanced with him.

You guys have it easy...... that is as much as I will say for now ;D

one of my senior managers once told me there was a small secret to the measurement of time in our lives and i think what he said has some truth.....

when we are young, we feel we have forever.
    as we grow older, we feel time is slipping by faster and faster.

the explanation for this is simple.
    the younger you are, the less time you actually know or have experienced.
    the older you get, the more time you have behind you and so the more you have to compare against.
    so when you look at a day, it has less to it than when you were younger. the older you get, the more a day becomes a week and a week a month and a month a year......eventually, you feel there is no time at all. its the relativity of time and our own lives. even if we live forever, its passing would still be quick.

its no wonder that with god, a thousand years is like a day.... 8)

*Chris reads and learns from the posts so far. He is keeping quiet cause he sometimes has a balancing act problem and so can't offer advice to others*

[quote author=Chris link=board=29;threadid=2100;start=0#msg20780 date=1066510458]
    *Chris reads and learns from the posts so far. He is keeping quiet cause he sometimes has a balancing act problem and so can't offer advice to others*
    [/quote]

A juggling act we call it eh Chris.

Lovely post Deakie.....

Time can be balanced if planned, but then you need to have time to plan. It is said that those who fail to plan, plan to fail. This is really true. Especially if you are multifaceted you will find that you have alot of things that you gonna have to do. You can do it. You just have to manage your time well.

This kinda now goes back to Mitchie's original question....How do u guys balance ur tech life and ur Personal life???

Its kinda easy if you really look at it....

1. Set your priorities.
    2. Organise tasks and activities according to priorities.
    3. Execute all as noted on you plan..... being consciencious of time and sticky closely to your plan as possible.
    4. Always reward your self. Always.

This will undoubtable vary between easy techie and their personal needs, but this is kinda of a safe idea as to how to approach you techie/personal life time management.

This is one of those "is your life what you thought it would be" kinda questions ins't it? Which either comes down to staying the way you are or changing into someone else But what you think you know doesn't have much to do with reality. I'll have to think it over some more.

Star!!!! U guys make it seem like i aint trying.

Unno put it so simple but for me its really hard. look at this scenario - U are on your pc probably browsing the net, or researching some topic or the other and then ur girl comes over. Remember u r doing summen, probably reading up on linux or summen. she comes and stands in front of the pc or is just sitting beside u chatting away.

What to do then????

This problem happens to me all the time. On one hand, ur girl wants attention, on the other hand u were caught up totally in reading summen.