Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a Website for a company

digimon Guest

Default Making a Website for a company

Hello my Web programming Friends,
    i am on a new venture in software development

:web dev

i want to know, after making a Dynamic ASP website for a company, how do i get it on the internet....??

i kinda know how to do this with my own machine at home (dns and stuff), but i'm specifically interested in :
    1. paying for the domain name for them
    2. getting them space
    3. keep the site up and running...

know any good space/domain sellers?

to buy domain your best bet is www.goddady.com , webhost i know www.hostja.com , www.computinghost.com
    Phoqry

are hostja.com prices in US or Jam dollars? btw, none of the sites you gave supports ASP

if you want to resell the service i suggest you get a dedicated server and run it yourself. soon come back with the links for good companies
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Last edited by jamerican; Jan 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
    Phoqry

I could host the site for you for pennies on the dollar.

I would recommend Godaddy to register your name though.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

digimon Guest

we yuh seh the site name, Trickdaddy.com?

Default buying/Renting a server

im new to this webhosting ideas but a long ime programmer in C++ and VB and learning Java, but i would like to buy a server and then pay people to look after that server for me and then charge people for server space is this possiblle, i don't know how to manage and maintain a server so this i would pay ppl to maintain and manage the server for me. or is there a way i can rent the server instead of buying the server and then let people i rent that server of manage and maintain it for me a littlt bit extra.

please help

You can try http://www.lypha.com/hosting_plans.shtml for webspace and check the deals. I think free domain name is one of the features.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Default No knowledge of maintaining a server

yeah but i have No knowledge of maintaining a server so is there a way i can pay pppl over the net to do it 4 me