Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netbeans 5 a di boss

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    I think u forgot to mention that of the three eclipse is the most widely use, not only can it do java, but c, c++ and php.
    and it has the ability to be extended with plugins. In my opinion its the best IDE of all the three, its has a lot more functionality than those two, Its refactoring is top class that I can't find in any other IDE. also stuff like code formatting wasnt avalible in Netbeans or JBuilder when I used it.

A number of additional features in Eclipse make it a more effective tool for Java programmers, such as QuickFix, QuickDiff, and easy navigation within source code using bookmarks or the class outlines. You'll also find strong support for CVS.
    You should try out Jbuilder 2006 Enterprise/ Developer, I'm sure you'd find some of the more advanced features like test case generation etc next gen when compared to eclipse. I'll give eclipse the hand on being a multi-language environment. But for java only dev, i cant swing it on eclipse.

so jbuilder is the best for java dev and eclispe supports multiply languages , what about beans whats good about it
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

Quote Originally Posted by Malloc-X
    so jbuilder is the best for java dev and eclispe supports multiply languages , what about beans whats good about it
    NetBeans GUI builder should be top notch when its final. Take a look at the demo. its called Matisse.

Demo --> http://www.netbeans.org/files/docume...5/matisse.html

there are different modules which can be downloaded for netbeans as well , and netbeans 5 comes with a lot of new features like code reformating is now available and other useful features like automatic surround try-catch and automatic fixing of imports...
    dephilio(linux lover)............

Peronsally I am a Textpad person, but for Java IDE I tend to use JCreator. I used Netbeans 4.1 for about a month but this was really slow and I was not impressed with only this aspect. I however, reviewed netbean 5.0 and it appears to be much improved especially in the speed division, according to it's developers.

Overall I found netbeans to be a complete IDE for Java, regardless of the area you specialize, the interface is user friendly and easy on the eyes. So if the speed problem is solved I think it is one of the best IDE's for java developers.

how easy is netbeans to use? anyone has a sample gui program they created?
    Last edited by duster; Mar 19, 2007 at 09:34 AM.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau