Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matrix: Revolutions - Beware, Spoilers!

Default Re:Matrix: Revolutions - Beware, Spoilers!

How does Xenocrates know so much about what's gonna happen in the third matrix movie?

igodit Guest

WARNING! DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO SEE THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS.

Neo is in the real world or so he thinks dreaming of three lines in the desert of the real world. When he awakes...

Neo is in the Matrix at a trainstation, where he meets this crazed bum looking guy who operates the train. The train is controlled through this Trainman who is a rogue program trying to avoid the Merovingian. On this train is a program which is the offspring of two other rogue programs.

Trinity and Morpheus get aboard the Hammer and go looking for the Logos and Niobe's crew. When they find the Logos, Niobe explains that Neo is trapped outside of his body and is now in the Matrix. They power up the Logos and return to Zion to discuss the new plan with the council. At which point Bane wakes up and after killing the medic sneaks aboard the Logos. Both ships head to broadcast depth to see the Oracle the Logos has Trinity, Morpheus and Neo's body.

The Oracle explains that Neo is being held in the Matrix by the Merovingian and is now operating somewhat like a rogue program roaming free in the Matrix but cannot escape. She tells them that to free Neo they must find the Merovingian at the Hell Club. Seraph who guards that which matters most (the future not the oracle) leads Morpheus and Trininity to the Hell Club.

At the same time Neo learns more about the nature of the Matrix from the Trainman, the Matrix is deteriorating and there are glitches happening
    all over, and more about his nature and the nature of other rogue programs from the programs themselves. The programs are basically three factions those that work for the system, those that are free from the system but have given up hope that there is such a thing as free will so have thrown in their lot with the Merovingian and enjoy the pleasures of the Matrix, and those that are working to free themselves and everyone else from the system.

Morpheus, Trinity and Seraph fight their way to the Merovingian and Persephone, Ghost and Niobe fight their way to Neo. They find Neo and explain what is happening.

Meanwhile Morpheus and Trin make it to Persephone. Seraph gets killed along the way saving them both but they get Persephone to turn and help kill the Merovingian before he blows up the whole place.

Ghost and Niobe get an exit and Neo flys to see the Oracle at her apartment. She explains that at this point Smith has taken over much of the Matrix and the darkness will spread consuming them all. If the Matrix ends, the machines end and so do the humans. She explains his earlier vision of three lines and says to follow them to get to 01 he must help to save the Matrix and to do so he must go to the machine capital. She explains it must end tonight, or all will be lost.

Smith takes over the Trainman and the prodigy of the rogue programs.

Discovers the whereabouts of the Oracle.

Morpheus and Trinity jack out as Bane/Smith attack the crew with the plasma gun. Link gets overcome and Bane attacks Neo while he is still jacked in. Morpheus kills Bane as Neo jacks out and realizes he is blind due to the attack. Morpheus, Link, Niobe and Ghost board the Hammer and head back to Zion after getting an emergency call. Trinity and Neo head towards 01 in the Logos.

Neo explains to Trinity that he finally understands what needs to be done and tells her about the three lines hes dreamed about. Trinity discovers the power transmission lines and they follow them. Neo battles the sentinels along the way with his mind.

Smith enters the Oracles apartment and takes her over at which point he apparently becomes aware of the Oracles plan for bringing about a truce.

The Hammer returns to Zion just in time to meet the threat of the sentinels approaching the gate. The Kid is fighting them off in what appears to be the last of the APU's(mecha). The Hammer fires its EMP and the newest sentinel threat seems to be abated.

The Council meets and everyone explains what is happening with Neo and 01. Hammans and the Commander agree that the only hope now is to believe Morpheus was right about the Prophecy. The Mjolnir returns and they all board it in a last ditch effort to hold off the sentinels till Neo reaches 01.

Meanwhile Neo and Trin are constantly being attacked by sentinels as they appraoch the machine city. Finally they are overcome by some huge machines and the Logos crashes. The sentinels scan the wreckage and find Trinity dead and Neo severly injured. The sentinels drag Neo's body to a kind of huge mainfram and jack him into it.

At the same time the Mjolnir is fighting off the sentinels still attacking Zion, but they are now all over the ship and Hamman and the Commander are killed by the sentinels defending the Kid. Morpheus comforts Niobe and they kiss.

Neo has a long dialogue with the machine intelligence in a place which is abate obviously not real. The machines explain that he was unexpected but not
    unaccounted for. He says he can destroy Smith if they will let the human minds still jacked in continue to exist and call off the destruction of Zion. The machine tries to argue at which point other machine voices pop in and explain the stagnant of living this way. They agree to Neo's offer and they jack him into the Matrix.

Morpheus is about to fire the EMP onboard the Mjolnir when Link sees that Neo is IN the Matrix Morph holds off and the sentinel cease their attack. Morpheus looks at the screen and says "oh Trinity......Neo...he fights for us...all of us".

Neo faces down Smith in the raining streets. They fight and talk and Smith explains his feeling of freedom and about death. Neo wins at first but is eventually overcome by Smith. Smith does to Neo what Neo did to Smith in the first movie taking him over. At which point the machines unplug Neo destroying Smith and all of his clones as well.

The Kid collapses in the mjolnir, and the Matrix code changes suddenly.

Morpheus checks the kids vitals and he is dead. In the architects room you see the architect being taken over like an Agent taking over a human who is plugged in. Suddenly the Kid sits there looking bewildered then determined.

A teeming city is seen humans running all over doing their business.

Morpheus and Niobe walk the streets together. Morpheus says "she prophecied that I would find the one", Niobe says "you did indirectly" Morpheus smiles and says "Neo found...helped him find himself...It's not over yet" she responds "let them dream Morpheus" to which he replies "sometimes all we have is dreams...Faith", she kisses him "faith or truth its all the same". He says "I dreamed I was a man...is it evolution or revolution?"

Zoom towards the machine intelligence and then inside then down some wires then to a smiling Kid and finally down a street in the Matrix to Morpheus and Niobe and behind them an Agent. " I see them now. I will maintain contact..."

Ok...

Very interesting reading gentlemen.

Here is a link to IGODIT's article with pictures!!! Matrix Revolution Spoiler

Who is the "Kid" being referred to in the articles?

igodit Guest

I believe the Kid is the guys that is always wanting to follow Neo around on Zion, the same guy from Animatrix who apparently died in the Matrix when he jumped off the top of the school building to avoid being caught and he woke up in Zion.

They have never seen anyone sustain themself as he did.

Careie-Ann Moss and Keanu Reeves hinted towards their "termination" in Revolutions. In recent interviews, they assured the press that they would not be appearing in another movie even if the Watchowsky bros. intended on doing sequels (which they currently say isn't in the plans.. uh huh :)

After seeing the story of the Matrix on a whole, a 3rd installment of the movie could never be enough, could never be a FITTING END to the saga. The animatrix shows from pre sentinel attack on Zion to post attack, where the Earth is even more wasted and humans have evolved more in technology.

It can only get better 8)

I think that neo will face yet another choice in the third installment of the Matrix. Remember he had to make a choice between risking his live to save Morpheus or unplug him thus preventing agent smith from getting the code to Zion. In Reloaded he was also faced with yet another choice, this time it was either to save Zion and the 6+ billion inhabitants within the matrix and saving trinity.

Smith doesn’t want to become human but to return to his original construct, which is his mechanical body. Remember when smith was interrogating Morpheus, he told him how he hated humans etc. etc.

The views expressed above are my own and no one else.

igodit Guest

Don't think this is worthy of front page news? Oh well, please bear with me while this Matrix nut just goes with the pre Revolutions build up...

They may be famously untalkative, but Larry and Andy Wachowski sure know how to generate a lot of noise. With the November 5 release of The Matrix Revolutions, the final film in the epic trilogy, the media hype is once again deafening. The movies have transformed the brothers from small-time carpenters to fabulously wealthy and powerful Hollywood players. What hasn't changed is their reticence. If anything, the Wachowski brothers have become more reclusive since the first Matrix came out in 1999. They haven't given an interview in four years, and under an unusual deal with Warner Bros., they never have to talk to the press.

To be fair its a bloomin' good article, packed with info on the Wachowski brothers. I for one never knew that they wrote a certain duff Stallone film. Or that an chubby old Waterworld actor was considered for the pivotal role!

Well worth a read Matrix fans.

News source: Wired

Matrix Revelations

An interesting review of the upcoming epic follows. I must add that the spoilers that IGoDit Posted before this are fake (sorry fellas :-\ ) However, this review truly affirms that the last movie is going to be a serious blast of a picture. Following this, I will post a FAQ on the flick. Enjoy.

Believe me when I say this, it is very difficult describing this movie without giving the story away. The movie starts exactly where Reloaded ended, on the ship with Neo and Bane unconscious while Morpheus, Trinity, Link and a few others try to come up with a strategy to get back to Zion. Suddenly, the movie jumps right into the action and starts to supply answers to all the questions the prequel, Reloaded, has created.

The pacing of this movie is excellent, much better than its prequel. The special effects have been turned up ten fold along with the acting, sets and music. This is the final chapter, all truly ends here. There will be no more sequels so this movie holds the climax to the Trilogy.

As the plot starts to unfold and as the purpose of each character is discovered, you'll start to realize how grand and epic this movie truly is. The battle in Zion for example is simply put, spectacular. The machines invade and rip the city apart as the humans do everything to hold them off and protect themselves. The people of Zion, who I didn’t care about in Reloaded, started to draw close to my heart as I saw the bravery of humans battling foes many times superior. This battle makes the sequences in 'Attack of the Clones' look like a cartoon. It was brutal, dynamic and very unpredictable.

The fight between Neo and Smith that we all know from the trailers is something I could never have imagined. It’s a cross between the final fight in ‘Fist of the North Star’ and ‘Dragonball Z’. They fight on the floor, in the air between the buildings, in the buildings, in the sky and in a crater created by Smith to which I won’t tell you how!

As revolutionary as ‘Bullet Time’ was in the first Matrix more, this time the special effects have clearly stamped the mark of excellence and turned such a feature from in-famous back to famous. Slow motion punching creating huge ripple effects, camera panning round the characters reacting to every inflicting blow with the rain falling down; breath-taking!

Is this it? NO, there’s a lot more... The action sequence between Morpheus, Trinity, Seraph and 6 other bad guys in the club lobby is another out-of-this-world sequence. The bad guys are on the ceiling while the good guys are running the right way up. The camera turns in every direction and bullets fly in slow motion.

There is another sequence of Niobe piloting a ship through a very narrow air duct while the gunner tries to keep the sentinels off as they make a run for the gates of Zion. The scene was nothing but high speed, full blast adrenaline-pumping action.

Let me get this out of the way; Revolutions is much better than Reloaded, I didnt think Reloaded was THAT great, but you WILL appreciate Reloaded more after watching Revolutions.

Now I'll tell you why I don't think Reloaded was great.

The idea of the original Matrix was great, the concept, the directing, I loved it all. It wasnt made to be a typical Hollywood Movie...and certainly not a "action summer blockbuster. Reloaded was made to be an action summer blockbuster, this influenced way the movie was made in a big way. The concept went from dark, cutting edge to typical summer fun movie, I didnt like that.

Revolutions on the other hand is much like the original matrix, it is not your typical summer action blockbuster.

Bottom line, this is one of the best movies I have ever seen to say the least. It is everything we hoped for and more. A new standard has been set in everyway a movie is made. Please note that what I have described above is only 20% of what you will experience watching The Matrix: Revolutions. I wished it didn’t have to end but as we all know, everything that has a beginning has an end!

- John Leigh

- Simplicity sez it best people. I'm looking forward to this now more than ever. ;D

Matrix Revolutions FAQ

1. Does every question get answered in Revolutions like why does Neo have power in the real world and stuff like that?

Yes every question gets answered. And YES you will find out how Neo stopped the sentinels at the end of Reloaded (if thats what you mean by "power in the real world&quot

Also the movie will reveal a lot of answers to certain things from the past 2 movies. For example, The sign above Neo's head when he walked in to see the Oracle in The Matrix. Or Persephone's Kiss or connection between the Architect and the Oracle.

2. Is there any serious plot twists that will blow us away?

Yes there are many plot twists. And the end is something no one will be able to predict. It is very Symbolic, you will see what I mean. You will realise something that you MIGHT have thought about watching the the first Matrix and Reloaded. Just keep in mind one thing. This is the END. No more sequels. Everything the Wachowskis wanted to tell, is told here. I realised what a beautiful story lies beneath this trilogy.

3. Does the Rave Scene in Matrix Reloaded actually have a hidden meaning behind it that is revealed in Revolutions or is it just filler?

Are you refering to the scene in Zion? If so, it shows how the few humans in the real world hold on to one emotion which is explained later: Love. It also shows unity and togetherness. You will see why.

4. Is there any scenes or extras after credits roll in Revolutions?

No. This is the FINAL chapter. Nothing follows the credits.

5. Does the new actress playing the Oracle do a great job?

She does such a good job that most of the time you wont realise its a different person playing. The transition between the 2 actresses is seamless.

6. How did you feel about the Animatrix and does the story "Matriculated" shed some clues as to what's really going on?

The Animatrix series do a good job to compliment the story and show it from other directors' point of view. You will realise the clues within not only the Animatrix series, but the game and the first 2 parts when you see the end of the trilogy.

7. Are you satisfied with the way the Trilogy ended?

The Wachowskis couldnt have ended this trilogy any better. Hold your breath cos the end is pretty epic.

8. Will the average person be able to walk away from Revolutions understanding what the Trilogy really was about or will they need to figure it out after the movie ends?

The average person might not fully understand what it's about. Because there is nothing like it. Hollywood has got everyone used to shallow movies so when a movie this deep comes out, they don't know what to do. Also remember the meaning of the Matrix from the original: "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled down before your eyes to blind you from the truth" Think about this!

9. Can you list 2 particualr scenes in Matrix 1 or Matrix 2 that actually hint to bigger things? Maybe even something in the Animatrix? *If you do mention a scene or two, don't explain it. Just mention the scenes.

2 scenes? ..ok: 1) Persephone's kiss with Neo 2) Neo choosing the door to Trinity and the Matrix over the door to Zion

10. How long was the movie?

I think its about 2hr 20 mins.

11. Do u have to watch it several times to get the GIST of it?

No, You dont have to watch it several time to get the "jist" of it. Remember, this is the final chapter. So all is answered here. But to understand it completely, you will have to watch Matrix and Matrix Reloaded and understand them well. The Wachowskis wrote the trilogy as a story, so things connect between the 3 movies.

12. Is the ending where ppl will say "WTF happened" or "oh that was awsome"

How do i put this without spoiling it? OK Put it this way, The trilogy builds up to something. In revolutions you will see what I mean. If you get it, the end will blow you away!

13. I already knew that the scene with the kiss and the choice neo made would have an impact on revolutions, but is there a scene in the first matrix that we will look back on and go 'ah ha!' when we see revolutions?

Yes there are a few examples. here's one. Remember when Neo first walked in to see the oracle? As he walked into the kitchen there was a sign above his head that the oracle commented on. Remember what it said? You will see the link in Revolutions.

14. How would you rate Revolutions when it comes to how epic it is on a scale from 1-10, 10 being hugely epic.

15. How did the rest of the audience respond to the movie, did they like it as much as you?

As soon as the lights went out and the Matrix code started falling like liquid from the top of the screen, everyone started yelling and applauding. This pretty pretty much went on till the very end of the movie. It was funny how next to sat an elderly couple who were shouting louder than I was.

16. Are there any more fights/battles besides Club hel, the superbrawl, and the siege of zion, that we don't know about?

Yes.

17. Hey John, will we find out the reason Kid was able to leave the matrix on his own? Is he something special in revolutions?

What Kid are you refering to? If it's the kid from Zion in Reloaded that likes Neo a lot, then he didnt leave the matrix on his own. Neo saved him. By telling him "You saved yourself" he meant the kid made the choice to be saved. And Yes, he does play a special part in Revolutions.

18. The spoon given to Neo? The candy given to Neo that he never eats? Do they mean anything in Revolutions?

You will find out soon enough Watch it attentively.

19. Hey John, rumors are going around the Warner Bros is prohibiting people from posting review of Revolutions to keep from spoiling it for everyone on the 5th. Is this true?

Sounds right. There are some people out there who just want to see this movie fail. It's sad but true. Warner Brothers is trying hard to make sure these people are not allowed to ruin it for everyone else.

20. There are a LOT of bad reviews coming out on the web. Can you explain possible reasons for this? It sounds like the movie isn't exactly something that will appeal to views unless they look VERY deeply into it. If I was to go into the movie looking purely for action and a good ending to the movie.. will I be disappointed?

If you want the story, you wont be disappointed.
    If you want action, you wont be disappointed.
    If you want ending, you wont be disappointed.
    If you want musical score, you wont be disappoined.
    If you want special effects, you wont be disappointed.
    I can go on...

Here's a quote from Revolutions which I like a lot:
    Person X: If we are lucky, when the elevator reaches the bottom, a man will check our weapons.

Person Y: And if we are unlucky?

Person X: There will me be many men to check our weapons.

Source: Pop Culture Shock: The Matrix: Revolutions Review

You may choose to avoid clicking on the link until after the movie - I recommend it. 8)

- That's all folks. My personal advice to you all, avoid all negative reviews of the movie until you have seen it yourself. It may siginificantly condition your mind against the flick in a way which may cause you to miss some very significant points in the movie. Watch with an open mind and don't try to predict the outcome.