Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The True Nature of God

pcchick Guest

Default Re: The True Nature of God

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    The bible says His love is deeper than the deepest ocean. Do you know that there are some parts of the ocean that man cannot reach? Even with the latest technological diving equipement, it still cannot reach the deepest of oceans.
    So that means, we will never experience Gods deepest love. At least, not while we are in this earthly body. We can't reach it. Our little minds will never understand or comprehend God's deepest love.
    Aww well put Arch. You just said in your own words what these few scriptures say:
    Isaiah 54:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways saith the Lord. For as the heavensa re higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.So who can measure God's love with our human minds....

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    Just to add a small point about God's love.

People ask the question on how God can allow this terrible thing when He says He loves us.

But we don't know what love is, to actually ask that question. We only have erathly love to compare God's love to.

The bible says His love is deeper than the deepest ocean. Do you know that there are some parts of the ocean that man cannot reach? Even with the latest technological diving equipement, it still cannot reach the deepest of oceans.

So that means, we will never experience Gods deepest love. At least, not while we are in this earthly body. We can't reach it. Our little minds will never understand or comprehend God's deepest love.

The love He shows us, is what we can reach. Continuosly, God's love for me has surprised me, over and over. It's His simpliest love that baffles me. Yet how can we try to understand the deeper love He has for us?

Love...we don't know what love is.
    - I must speak for myself that with all the post and threads I was never trying to bring God down to human stardards or compare him with us, but as you said Arch we will never truly understand him not until we mortals take on immortality and really meet the one of whom we speak. In the meantime we can only try to imagine who he is and how he thinks,

its ironic that last night I saw this movie bruce almighty, although it is a comedy I found something intresting in the movie, alot of persons tend to think about God with the only tools of rational thinking that we were given "our human brains" and God is bigger than this.

At the end of the day I can conclude to say that God loves us, and what he requires from us is what he has given and to who much is given much more is required, he does not expect us to figure him out most of the time but to TRUST all the time

BLESS UP ZEEN!

swollen, dun worry, im sure no one here thinks you meant to dis.....i certainly saw that.

but pcchick.....you havent in any of your passages shown me where this godhead exists.

look, lets finalise it further then.
    in revelation, we see the son of man brought up before god's throne and he is given government and rulership to last a thousand years. commander of the nations is his title. thats jesus, no one else. after the thousand years, god takes back his rulership of men and rules forever.

in heaven, whenever god talks, the whole of heaven listens.
    when he said, let us make man, he expects his servants to comply. not to sit back and watch. thats their purpose. they have power.
    we know god himself was the chief constructor in making the universe as he has the ability but it doesnt necc say that the rest didnt have their part to play, what extent we are never told until after the creation where we hear they have certain jobs.... even the beasts that sit before him have the job of praising him.

did you know that scholars have mused over the fact that christ may be either enoch or archangel michael?
    for it was in heaven that he asked, who will go on our behalf? that is to say, to descend to man and give the witness. this is echoed for another mission in revelation when they ask, who is worthy to open the seal.
    as back then, only one steps forward, the humblest of servants. michael was the prince of the jewish people. the one noted as being the most humble.
    christ was crowned the king of the jews.
    for each nation has its own prince. the angel told daniel that he was being held back by the prince of the persian people but michael comes and rescues him so he may do his job and that prince holds the truth greater than him and have affection for them....

let me show you so you can see for yourself.....
    Daniel 10
    20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come. 21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
    and to even show some more how this prince would make a stand at a certain time....
    Daniel 12
    1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:
    and even more......the likeness in humility and action of christ.....the behaviour was exactly the same....
    Jude 1
    9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
    then he mentions enoch in the same vein.....
    Jude 1
    14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    and finally.....a most noteworthy commander by exception...
    Revelation 12
    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    but hey, dont go taking this as gospel as i'm only indicating for you something....to provoke you to reason, to search and to look for yourself.....

there is only one god. christ his servant and the holy spirit is his right hand by which he does his work.
    the word is his word which has power as he is god and when he does talk, his word has to come true. this word is the law and the truth. this truth he caused to be in one man. a man geanalogically perfect as was intended, like adam. that in the psalms, he prepares a body for him and you can also read in the psalms where it says, and my lord said unto my lord.......
    this man had the truth in him and that is how the word was made flesh. jesus christ was god's perfect house.
    hence why he could say, i and the father are one. and why he also said, whatever i see the father do, i do. i do nothing of myself.
    wake up!
    i thought at least the church would have seen this by now.
    this is the form that we pray for. he made this possible with corrupt men by giving them the truth. peter and the other disciples had this truth and that is why the holy spirit descended upon them and flaming tongues were seen above their heads and they could do wonders and miracles with the power that the truth unfolded in them by means of god's holy spirit. his powerful right hand. a sample of the glory to come.
    this is what the good news preach.

hence, why i say, all men shall be forgiven their sins and granted life but the ones who slave after god will have power, glory and honour. that is heaven, the new house.
    the ones who are condemned have no power, no glory, no honour. yet they have life for it was given freely away. they live outside of the city of light and truth. dependent on the ones who are within it.

there is no hell.

there is only one god! and that is a sample of what they called his undeserving kindness.

Luke3
    22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased
    why refer to himself as someone else....then.......

pcchick Guest

Originally posted by Deakie: but pcchick.....you havent in any of your passages shown me where this godhead exists.
    Bwoy yu is one hard nut to crack. I hope you read from post 188 onward. Anyway, no problem saying it again.

Originally posted by pcchick: God is one nature/being: eternal, immortal and invisible. Genesis 1:1…in the beginning was God created…. so we know Him as the Super being, the Creator.

John: 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1. The Godhead existed before all…”Colossians 2:9- for in Him (Jesus) all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily.”John 14:9- He hath seen me hath seen the Father
    John17:22- that they may be one even as we are one.
    John 10:30 my Father and I are one.

Hebrews 7:3.Having neither beginning of days nor end of life….that’s God.

It was His deity and not humanity that preexisted. When I say deity I mean, the Godhead (people call it trinity but that is not in the Bible so I wil call it who it is, the Godhead)- Father, Son and Holy Spirit (St. Matthew28:19, Col. 2:9)
    Before the Holy Ghost overshadowed Mary, the Son of God existed in the mind and plan of God. God is the ‘Iam that I am” (Genesis 3: 14)
    Jesus said this also in John 8:58- Jesus said unto them, verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am. So clear understanding that Jesus existed. Therefore if we must talk about God, we shall talk about Jesus.

Jesus is referred to as the Eternal One in John 8:58

God the omnipotence one (ALL POWERFUL): Matt. 28:18- all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    All power over disease (Luke 4:38-41), all power over nature (John 11), all power over death (John 2); all power over tempest (Matt. 8:23-27), all power over demons (Luke 4:35-41 and all power over everything (Hebrews 2:8).

God is omniscience (ALL KNOWING): John 2:24-25 He knows all men …for He knew what was in man.
    John 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knows all things.
    Colossians 2:3- in who are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

God is omnipresence (ALL PRESENT): Matt 18:20- for where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them.

All these attributes Jesus Possessed the right to be worshipped, forgive sins and the power to create.

The true Deity of Christ revealed: Jesus was called God: Titus 2:13 the great God and Savior Jesus Christ;
    1 John 5: 20- this is the true God and eternal life;
    John 20:28 My Lord and my God.

God the first and the last: Revelation 1: 8 I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, smith the Lord, which is and was and is to come, the Almighty.

God manifested himself in flesh…. John 1:4 And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us remembering also (John 1:1).
    1 Timothy 3:16 : And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit seen of angels and preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world and received into glory.

Jesus Christ bore a dual nature: divinity and humanity. Jesus was not 2 persons, no, more did he possess 2 personalities. But He was God-man, the Word incarnate, God manifested in the flesh. As a human being He was the Son; as God, he was the Father. As the son he spoke and acted as a man; as Father many times He spoke and acted as God.

Jesus was born in the fullness of time: Galatians 4:4- But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son made of a woman made under law. Also, Romans 5:6-. In due time Christ died for the ungodly. Therefore God is never late, all works in His time.

Jesus was born to die on Calvary: (so a million angels or whoever couldn't stop it).
    Luke 19:10- For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

John 10: 10- I am come that they might have life and have it more abundantly.
    1 Timothy 1:15- this is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners.
    Revelation 13:8.In the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The purpose of the incarnation was to provide a sacrificial Lamb for the atonement. Christ was therefore born to die on Calvary. The words Abraham to Isaac was fulfilled here: Genesis 22:8- my son, God will provide a lamb for a burnt offering. Only through the incarnation could it be possible for a sinless lamb be provided for a sacrifice.

Took me 4 HOURS but I read it all - Now this is the reason I have a name like I do, LACK OF SLEEP - I must say that I am glad the day I joined this family, ah can call unu mi family right?? kidding!

There is one thing that I have learnt in all of this that, yu caan be too BIG a MAN to accept truth when it come your way

These post have really given me something to think about.

I am tired but I'll be bak

and in all the references made to christ regarding that, it was the spirit of the father in union that its directed at.
    I made this point to highlight these facts. the godhead as being a wide throne on which someone can sit? or as a union of power?
    what power? only the father has power. through him alone all is.
    dont confuse the order of things.
    god wasnt hanged on a cross and he surrendered back to god his spirit or have you forgotten the prayer he made while hung?
    forgive them for they.....only god can forgive....
    when the woman asked that her son be stationed by his side in heaven...he pointed out that the son of man had no choice in the matter but only god decides who......and they were already chosen as he was from an ancient time as the prophets before told him of the company he would keep.

there is only one god. all else are sons and daughters. there is only one god.
    elijah started enjoying doing away with the ones who enjoyed the idea of multiple gods that god took him. there is a lesson in that too.