Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyers Beware

Battery was NO GOOD, though I was gauranteed that it was, and the housing had a hairline crack behind the battery...

Oh Another thing I learned that night.... Examine item in GOOD LIGHT b4 U fork over ur cash....

still when yu buying used goods...especially electronics, the industry standard is "as is where is" part of the risk of buying used goods...save pon the price, lose pon the quality

If ur selling something "AS IS, WHERE IS" U MUST SPECIFY that this is the case, especially if the buyer ask specific questions about the item's functionality....a question which would clearly be the basis of my making the purchase, I would expect an honest seller to tell me straight, watz up wid the phone.....

cause really, U cyah test a batteries life until after the fact.... so a buyer can only take the word of the seller....

an trus mi my yute if dat is how U look pon tingz... mi a think twice if I shoulda see U selling a product I wanna buy....

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamsailor
    an trus mi my yute if dat is how U look pon tingz... mi a think twice if I shoulda see U selling a product I wanna buy....

same here..................

serious vibez youth , ive hearth of that happenin b4
    self proclaimed GADGETking
    berries useful but sometimes make me sick, apples are better but cliding, so im not part a the fruity alliance heres my bbpin:null
    make the link (876) 386-0468 or dtgo4eva@gmail.com--

Cool

Listen i Agree with Virus.
    Let us know who is being shifty.
    First and Last name so if he/she tries to swindle any of us then we know we should tread lightly.Just like with my ebay account.If i do not get product that i paid for then i'm leaving a negative stating the reason.lets be honest we are in jamaica.Land of the five finger discounts and home of thieves R'US!
    I've bought a fair amount of items from various techjamaica people and if any of em try to swindle me or run game you ain't going to read about it happening here on tech you going read about it in the paper.
    I've been fortunate to meet decent people's thus far.
    All i can say is especially with used items no matter what they are especially electronics though.Just becareful.You never know what your getting.Especially since phones can be given new skins to fool ya.Playstation inards can be changed out to new shells.i know you want to show that you have class by not stating who swindled you but in all honesty this is about business and other people might fall into the trap that you could have saved em from.people i think need to get heads up about this or else this thread was all for nothin.i'm out peoples

jomo Guest

i agree! call names man! talk up!!!

listen man if someone is trying to f#$^&* things up on TJ he or she should be exposed no matter who di guy.
    mek dem mek another user name all dem want...at least we will be on the alert for these newbies......im not saying all newbies are shady...but at least we'll approach them with caution,till we know who is who.

Last edited by slickrik; Jan 13, 2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsailor
    MAXDEN --> Not everyone comes to Techjamaica to chat about technology, U have LIGITIMATE PEOPLE who come on to conduct business for years and NEVER post in other areas such as myself (hence my ZERO Post rating) and I have been a legit member for even LONGER than U, though U may have more posts than I do....

So though I understand ur reasoning I must say I disagree....
    I know that, and I hpoe what i said didnt offend any other ligitmate members with zero post counts - BUT I also said beware of ppl who have zero post counts and/or who only post in the thred selling the one item

Its very easy to click on a user name to see "all posts by this user"

If a user only post in one thread selling one phone - and not in numerous threads selling diffirent items with replies from satisfied customers, then it would only be good sense to be cautious if your going to do business with this user.

kool nuh man...

Dat kris..