Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyers Beware

Thumbs up Buyers Beware

I was about to post this in a thread where a seller had an item and nobody could find the seller and everyone bawling fi di link....

BUT, mi know seh nuff people ago vex wid di comments if I did it inna di man post, but a reality mi a talk bout once again....

I have had 1 bad experience on Techjamaica and it went jus like dat 1...

Seller mek a post an everybody a BAWL fi di link an leave contact info and den di seller give a one time use # and mi get him and get di phone... when mi realise seh di phone have problems which di seller claimed it didn't, I try call him and dat sim nuh inna NO phone no more....

and mi can see dat happening again wid a certain post currently up....

I hope dis dont get deleted because I not selling nuthin but mi wah di people dem beware and if anyone have any other advice for buyers to jus drop it right here....

my advice to buyers:

(1) when concidering an item, look @ the sellers registration date(Beware of persons who register in di same month dem selling an item, they may be ligit but sometimes people register false IDs just for the purpose of selling frigged up items and when U try link dem, they don't use dat ID no more )

(2) If the buyer doesn't post a number and insists on contacting U, or if the number posted only leads to a mailbox or always off... be careful, this could be a tactic to ensure that U don't have a ligit contact for him as he knows the item is deffective....

(3)Know ur product... Do as much research as possible on the product U want to buy, don't depend on the seller to tell U that a particular phone model has a poor battery life, (HIM NAH TELL U!!) Know what ur getting and have a good idea what is a reasonable price for it b4 U contact the seller

(4) If it sounds too good to be true... it probably is... Look, everyone selling here is here to mek a buck, not to save U one.. so if something look like a deal, (di bredda probably know seh it a go bad an will tek wah eva him can get fi it).

(5) When meeting sellers in person, be SMART, meet in a VERY PUBLIC location, (nuh link him pon him "enz"). I'm not saying that any TechJamaica Member planning to hold up or rob anyone, but these are serious times and a "tief" coulda create a false ID solely for the purpose of luring people out wid CA$H and jack dem for it.... Quite frankly dis advice applies to sellers too...

dats all dat comes to mind right now but if anyone else have any input....
    let it be heard.....

lol lol lol i know the post u talking and i totally agree is pure run around CRAP in the post PURE **** as i really want to say!i soon go in deh go post...well i did already anyways
    madgalava@yahoo.com OR avaatjamdown@hotmail.com 370-6000 Make the link and nigga's dont get stink

good advice thugs. good looking out

Reality thing right here,,watch out for the crooks

yah true thing man been there miself too but i nahcall nuh name enuhh them know themselves
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Juckyjam Guest

Nuff Respect Man Them Thinmg Fi Highlight Cuz Nowadays Yu Caan Tek Nuh Check From Noooobody

So why the secrecy? Mek we know who a who...
    Last edited by Virus; Jan 11, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

For sure... we need to ERADICATE all these PRETENDERS cause their only making things bad for who really want to do SERIOUS bidne$$...

I'm with you jamsailor!
    Last edited by Psymon; Jan 11, 2006 at 06:16 PM.
    Our eye are wide shut....

Some good advice above, but justto ad one more tip

Dont only look out for sellers who just recently registered BUT also ppl who have zero post counts, or who only post in the thred selling the one item, yes someone new might be be selling something at a good price but buyers should still beware of one time sellers/posters

C'mon Virus... now that would not be PROFESSIONAL would it, bare in mind this is a business ok... just becareful! thought its good to hightlight the culprit to prevent it from happening again but its probably a misunderstanding so its best not to say!
    Last edited by Psymon; Jan 11, 2006 at 06:15 PM.
    Our eye are wide shut....