Thread: output webpage in pdf foramt using asp3.0

Default output webpage in pdf foramt using asp3.0

i need to output a webpage in pdf format... is there any com object i can use to do this.

Things i already know:
    *pdf files are binary files. Therefor i could use the appropriate content type with a response.binarywrite "binarystring"
    using a XSL stylesheet.

*------------------------my sample. for some reason this does not work
    Code:
    Set objXMLHTTP= Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

objXMLHTTP.Open "GET", "http://localhost/siteroot/page.html", False

objXMLHTTP.Send
      Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache"	
       Response.ContentType = "application/pdf"
       Response.BinaryWrite objXMLHTTP.responseBody

Set xml = Nothing
    *---------------------------------------------------------
    i used the following com object: Microsoft.XMLHTTP to generate the binarystring and not XSL.

the output is gen. but its not pdf format.
    need suggession/solution ASAP.

I think you will need to create a COM Component to change the text/html data to .pdf as the Microsoft.XMLHTTP only fetches the data and writes it back in the mime type of the original data

Simply changing the mime type and telling the COM object that is was binary it fetched will not work.

when you get the answer give me the link-up ... ok.

I also belive that you shouldnt send "Pragma: no-cache" in the headers, because IE uses the cache to display a pdf, even if you sending the right binary data, it wouldnt show up, because the cache would be wiped, however ive noticed that "Pragma:no-cache" doesnt seem to work half the time. But y then are you sending it?

Default Slightly OT

Sorry for straying slightly off topic, but I don't get why pdf is so popular. What does it do so well that HTML doesn't do. I have really disliked acrobat reader for at least 7 years and thought it would die out quickly then, but it is getting more and more popular. I don't understand. The only think I can kind of see is that it makes it slightly easier to print exactly as the designer wants instead of as the user wants, but only slightly. Am I missing something?!??

Was searching the net and came up on these site: http://www.antennahouse.com/product/.../pdfoutput.htm and http://dypso.free.fr/tech/generer_pd...rs_html-en.php Hope they are of some help to you.
    There is no wrong or right, only consequencies to action

"It is the duty of man to make his knowledge so complete in life, so as to make it impossible for any other to take advantage of him" - Marcus Garvey

check out
    http://www.websupergoo.com/abcpdf-1.htm
    they have a component you could use

I use to be a big ASP fan but since I got converted to PHP there is no looking back
    you need to join the world of Open Source ok man everything is free even the component /function

dont know why ppl think that ASP is not open source ... Please stop trying to convert ... n do your thing.. look at DotNetNuke and there are more open source projects in .cfm and .asp(x) combined than there are on .php . there is a time and place for everything.

man

so sick of this preaching and the division !!