Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Part 1: New isp and cable company

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican
    mean people are gonna broke there 1 year contract with c&w dsl
    As I said, on what basis can you say that? If Flow/Merit doesn't offer widespread coverage as have been suggested in previous posts, then they will not be an option for persons outside the area of coverage. Also, suppose the setup costs and/or the monthly costs for bandwidth alone are higher than DSL, how does that entice people to switch? Point is, we (at least I) don't know what they're coming with exactly so we need to wait until such time.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

CWJ cant be outta the picture. As much as ppl "might" not like them. For 1 as chris said if coverage not avail everywhere... where you gonna call, who you gonna call... your neighbours with "flow". At some point you have to call a c&w phone

As far as DSL goes... the RICHEST PPL LIVE IN COOPERS HILL!!, SCREW JACKS HILL & MONA

Logo isn't bad, watch.talk.click.... sorry

Widespread coverage isnt the issue at hand here now, It simple isnt possible to run fibre through out the island, whos to tell the future may hold. You guys acting like c&w had lines all over the island overnight, Kingston is a launching pad for their services its through this revenue that they will seek to expand into other areas. The facts remain that while it is not possible to run fibre everywhere c&w will always be in areas where fibre cannot reach. But the thing to remeber here is that whatever area they ran the fibre they will have to make their packages attractive else the network they ran would have been a waste, there are two advatages that they have, speed and a company that is back by ppl who are serious about business this aint no hurry come up gotel.. I wouldnt worry about the cost of their services, If its is more expensive that the competition, no one would buy.. I sense a notion of ppl mentioning them running fibre in rich areas. Not so, I live on gordon town road outside Papine and the fibre pass my yard.
    Last edited by leoandru; Jan 2, 2006 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    All I know is that I see them all over the corporate area running cables. What kind of cables I don't know, but they're pretty busy nowadays.
    Yes I saw them running some thick cables unground near my road last week.

"Watch. Talk. Click." Go with Flow.
    Last edited by ProdMaster; Jan 2, 2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

Default 3G technology

Any word on Merrit Communications? Seem they are set for big things, their site still has just basic intro. I ran into Flowja.com while doing a bandwidth test for my cable connection and I know it's them doing some prelim testing.

well we need a username/password to go to that link/one

????? u sure you in the right thread. uname/pass for what?

www.flowja.com/ i try it but asking for it

They might just be testing and only authorized persons can get in at this time, can u imagine 70% savings

it looks like they having some security issues to me.