Page 2 of 253 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Part 1: New isp and cable company

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan
    I heard that Merit is no longer the name of the company. They've changed their name to Columbus Communications Jamaica Ltd. The parent company is Columbus Communications International.

Flow is the brand name their going under for their services, ie cable, internet and voice services.

Its the same thing like Mossell Jamaica = Digicel.
    Ok, all this is news I never heard.. oh well! I know that Columbus Communications is its parents company (with Cable Bahamas hasmajority share) but this name change is new.

LOL Flow! I just though that was the name of some company they contracted to run the fibre.

LOL what a name LOL Flow. this should be interesting. In Bahamas the service is called CoralWave, Im Sure they could have come up with something that was unique to Ja.
    Last edited by leoandru; Jan 2, 2006 at 07:45 AM.

I never knew this either. The name Flow is funny they should change it.

I wonder what their prices would be like and if they intend to distribute the service islandwide. Just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jerry; Jan 2, 2006 at 07:57 AM.

Ok, all this is news I never heard.. oh well! I know that Columbus Communications is its parents company (with Cable Bahamas hasmajority share) but this name change is new.
    Correction. Columbus Communications (based in Barbados) is the parent company of them all, Cable Bahamas and Merit Communications, not the other way around. Well now I see why the name change.

http://www.nwncable.com/news.asp?nid=38&l=1

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    LOL what a name LOL Flow. this should be interesting. In Bahamas the service is called CoralWave, Im Sure they could have come up with something that was unique to Ja.
    I guess its meant to convey the feeling of getting caught up with the technology; being swept off your feet by the wave of change if you will

Besides now they can unofficially use "Go with the Flow" as their catchphrase

Their official motto is "Watch. Talk. Click."

http://www.flowjamaica.com
    Last edited by CyVan; Jan 2, 2006 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan
    I guess its meant to convey the feeling of getting caught up with the technology; being swept off your feet by the wave of change if you will

Besides now they can unofficially use "Go with the Flow" as their catchphrase

Their official motto is "Watch. Talk. Click"

http://www.flowjamaica.com
    Hey now that u mentioned it, that catch phrase is kinda catchy "Go With The Flow" you should mention that to them. LOL, it makes the flow name sounds cool.

Flow is gonna take away customers from a couple of companies. Cuz all the services they'll be offering is on the one fibre line, voice, cable and internet. So Entertainment Sys, C&W and other ISPs gonna have a hectic time keeping up.

Yea CyVan thats a nice slogan...lol.

I wonder if they'll provide service to Montego Bay.......?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

nice logo and slogan... all i know alot of people will be cuting from the contract to go with the flow
    Phoqry

If they will have cable TV as part of their offering, will they setup their own cable headend or will they be using an existing cable company's headend?

Also, if they don't have a widespread launch they may face similar challenges as "Centennial", Gotel and other smaller ISPs ... that is ... consumer coverage and penetration
    Quote Originally Posted by jamerican
    ... all i know alot of people will be cuting from the contract to go with the flow
    On what basis are you saying that?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

mean people are gonna broke there 1 year contract with c&w dsl
    Phoqry