Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need To Learn PHP!

which other webserver you have running on you pc?

keroed1 Guest

well mhmm i am running IIS, i dont think i running anyother i am not sure though
    does any of these softwares install any webservers on ur pc inorder to work
    1. SQL SERVER
    2. Microsft Visual Studio .NET
    3. MySQL
    4. Oracle database 10g express edition
    5.easyPHP

the oracle 10g expres edition contain thing slike this
    10g download page includes:
    - Companion (Application Express, HTTP Server, more..)
    - Client
    - Clusterware
    - Gateways
    - Oracle Application Express standalone

I hope i not confusing u, or sounding dumb but not really sure bout these things i am pretty new at them
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 16, 2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Well then I wouldnt install another server to be able to view php pages. get the windows installer for php http://www.php.net/downloads.php. When you install that it will automatically give IIS the ability to process php scripts. Just create a directory where you plan on keeping your php files you write and web share it.
    Last edited by leoandru; Mar 15, 2006 at 10:43 PM.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    Well then I wouldnt install another server to be able to view php pages. get the windows installer for php http://www.php.net/downloads.php. When you install that it will automatically give IIS the ability to process php scripts. Just create a directory where you plan on keeping your php files you write and web share it.
    after i go to it, i will tell u wats happening

keroed1 Guest

@leoandru
    i went to the page but what exactly should i download??

is this i should download????????????

# PHP 5.1.2 installer [2,585Kb] - 12 Jan 2006
    (CGI only, packaged as Windows installer to install and configure PHP, and automatically configure IIS, PWS and Xitami, with manual configuration for other servers. N.B. no external extensions included)
    md5: f4e47bda69ddc081fb44068cd9237b85
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 16, 2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

yes thats the what you should download.

keroed1 Guest

so how did u find php programming?? nice??

My recommendation would be to stop the IIS and kinda juggle between the 2 webservers depending on which one you are using (stopping and starting) either. Both option are workable depending on how comfortable you are with the stuff you have running on you machine.

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1
    so how did u find php programming?? nice??
    its pretty easy once you have a background in c or c++. its a powerful scripting languages for web development and a very useful shell scripting engine on unix, but apart from that it just look like regular code to me. nothing to wow about if you get what I mean. Anyhow I would rate it as one of the better scripting languages avaliable for programming, you will find lots of help around the net as it very popular.
    Last edited by leoandru; Mar 16, 2006 at 12:04 AM.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by owen
    My recommendation would be to stop the IIS and kinda juggle between the 2 webservers depending on which one you are using (stopping and starting) either. Both option are workable depending on how comfortable you are with the stuff you have running on you machine.
    hmm well i not sure if really wanna stop the IIS bcuz thats wat i a mainly using at the moment, plus for somereason .net very funny, i not ure i want to risk stoping it and then it start act up and give trouble when i start to use it next time...............but the link i got earlier when i downloaded it, the program said it was going to setup IIS to can also run php pages, so i prob work with that

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    its pretty easy once you have a background in c or c++. its a powerful scripting languages for web development and a very useful shell scripting engine on unix, but apart from that it just look like regular code to me. nothing to wow about if you get what I mean. Anyhow I would rate it as one of the better scripting languages avaliable for programming, you will find lots of help around the net as it very popular.
    oh ok cool, what did u wirte the code in? dreamweaver??...............and yeah i am familar with C and C++ haven'nt done anything serious in that language in probably 2 years but hey its jus like riding a bicycle, once u get back on it you are criss