Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need To Learn PHP!

Default I Need To Learn PHP!

With a new year come new things. I have to learn php to participate in an opensource software that I plan to develop extensions for, could you guys point me to some good php tutorials, especially the ones that are easy to use or that helped you a lot when learning php.

check this site this should help you http://www.phpfreaks.com/
    Phoqry

OK thats a nice place to start. Thanks for the link..

Once you have php installed and working, its pretty much like a c/javascript language. Most of you time is spent printing out html tags. What languages do you already know?

Quote Originally Posted by owen
    What languages do you already know?
    mostly the c family languages. c, c++, java, C#.. and a few others not c related . I started with php and I'm finiding it pretty easy.

thats bcuz it is pretty easy

http://www.devshed.com is a nice place as well.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by owen
    Once you have php installed and working, its pretty much like a c/javascript language. Most of you time is spent printing out html tags. What languages do you already know?
    what software do i instal to write php in??? I am sorry if that sounds dumb but i jus plan to teach myself php too

think you gonna need a webserver with php installed on it...

heres EasyPHP.. vey good in my opinion, especially if u need to work with php/mysql on your own machine.

and php can be written in any text editor - notepad, or software like dreamweaver.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband

heres EasyPHP.. vey good in my opinion, especially if u need to work with php/mysql on your own machine.

and php can be written in any text editor - notepad, or software like dreamweaver.
    oh cool thanks i going to the link now to download the easyphp

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband

so are you saying that inorder for me to program in php, i need to have easyPHP running............currently i have mysql server running........but when i trying to start easyphp it gave me an error saying that it could not be started because another web server is using theweb port or port is block???? can u help me with this error

:::let me give u a lil break down of all the software si have o my syste jus to give u a lil break down that may hepl u to tell me wats wrong::::

1. SQL SERVER
    2. Microsft Visual Studio .NET
    3. MySQL
    4. Oracle
    5.easyPHP
    6.NETBEANS(i have'nt installed this as yet but it going on next)