Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PC VS Console???

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    Depends......all depends.....preference...that's what it boils too....

My PC has dual shock controllers and play games arcade style...so it worx for me.

I agree... I prefer to play on my PC because i can multitask, i can be getting all i need to be done on one device.
    'sometimes you have to explore crazy to be different'
    Call: 859-8482
    Hey, check out my portfolio at....
    www.myspace.com/oddonedesigns

yep! same here. PC over the console any day
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

Quote Originally Posted by crosses
    I really hate the idea of a old as s console playing games better than my PC, maybe I should just stop playing games on my PC and buy a console cuz that would be significantly cheaper.

Short answer:

A Console is a dedicated Audio/Video Processing Card, with an input (controller,game-media), and an output (tv-out,audio out). Simple as that.

A simple as the wheel.

A PC will never be able to beat that for simplicity.

Now that consoles are becoming more PC like (complexity of parts and functions), you will start to see probs associated with PC's.
    Overheating/Crashes/Media errors etc.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan
    Short answer:

A Console is a dedicated Audio/Video Processing Card, with an input (controller,game-media), and an output (tv-out,audio out). Simple as that.

A simple as the wheel.

A PC will never be able to beat that for simplicity.

Now that consoles are becoming more PC like (complexity of parts and functions), you will start to see probs associated with PC's.
    Overheating/Crashes/Media errors etc.
    Well thats true. I heard cases of XBOX360's crashing and giving the "blue screen of death." Thats just ridiculous. Maybe Nintendo is heading in the right direction by sticking to provide for the gamers' arena only.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us
    Well thats true. I heard cases of XBOX360's crashing and giving the "blue screen of death." Thats just ridiculous. Maybe Nintendo is heading in the right direction by sticking to provide for the gamers' arena only.
    PS2's have media errors as well.
    PS3's are essentially XBOX360's made by Sony. Expect same types of errors, plus now that they are wired to internet and have modifiable Hard Drives and Os's EXPECT VIRUSES

Remeber the PSP firmware Virus that 'bricked' the PSP if You ran it ?
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

VIRUSES? ON MY PS3? now...thats not cool....M$ gonna make the viruses personally...just to blow SONY out of business...lol
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

games on consoles have been optimized for them, example-nfs most wanted or underground 2, they look great on all systems pc and console alike, the breaking point on pc is that you the end user define how your pc performs by the parts you put in it, the console on the other hand has been put together for the specific purpose of playing by a group of experts who sole responsibilty is putting the best parts that whill make it run as best as psossible, not to mention that the games where redesigned for the hardware that is found in each console
    the pc version to games where design to run on the best hardware available at the time but developers toned it down abit so the finacially unfortunate like myself would be able to get decent enough perfomance while playing these games, lets say gt4 or pgr2 was released on pc can you imagine the requirments for these games if they put them on pc
    Last edited by frass2000; Jun 10, 2006 at 02:14 PM.

Pffft!!
    PC will always be ahead of console. Console will only atch up for a week, that week when a new console comes out ,but then it gets blown out of the water by the next good PC hardware. The ONLY reason consoles are still around:
    1) Cost less (ALOT less)
    2) More portable (even more than microATX builds)
    3) Titles (i.e. game title exclusive to consoles)

Other than those reasons it is basically down to how much money you can throw into your pc. Try throwing money into your console and see how much better you can make it perform.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Not only are consoles modified to play games alone, but remember that they run on the television. The television has less res than your pc monitor. In a way, everything looks awesome when its on the tele, since there isn't a hig res to see the flaw in graphics. I ran FIFA '06 from my computer and used the tele as the display and all of a sudden, the players dont look that blocky and plasticky anymore.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

id agree with samurailos caz pc is indeed in the end better caz its for more than gaming and will eventually emulate ps2 games shortly!!!
    My aim!!!!!!!!!!!! to prove you wrong!!!
    StArZ "Я" Us