Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PC VS Console???

Quote Originally Posted by carey
    Gillion, I thought u had transformed your linux into a windows distro? No disrespect. Just that Wine seems to be getting places. Version 0.9.8 is out.
    Nope still puttering around with pure linux at home and I use windows at work now since my company has switched from MAC to PC
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion
    The only reason strategy games seem to suck on consoles is because no one has invented the RIGHT KIND OF PLAYER INTERFACE for these genres.
    Come to think of it you might be very right there are well.
    I guess because we all have become accustomed to one style of playing these games then we think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion
    The worst PC experience I rememebr was playing a PC game when some body decided to send me an "MSN NUDGE" that conflicted with the game and totally crashed the PC and all that hard "game work" went down the tubes.
    You have no idea how many expletives I have uttered because of this ... trust me.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Gillion another thing to consider as well is the Game Developer's Preferences.

You find that a lot of game developers may be partisan to some consoles so you will find some games on one console while not on another. As such you find a larger array of games on the pc. Going a bit further, especially since recently you find more persons running emulators to have popular console games on their pc.

I think this additionally attributes to the PC's popularity as a gaming unit. My stance, I lean towards the consoles.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Now that I think more, even mobile game devices better (more now than before).

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by crosses
    I;m not sure if this topic has already been discussed but i am quite pissed as to how much better a little PS2(the little one) performs over my PC even though i put so much money in it. Imagine the PS2 is delivering much better performance for like US$100-150 and a graphics card that dilivers equivalent performance cost about the same and thats not including other essential components such as processor and RAM......etc. Out of curiosity how much does a system that dilivers similar performance to the Ps2 costs? Which graphics card should diliver about the same as the Ps2? What are the detailed specs of the PS2 or Xbox(am too lazy to google it).
    I really hate the idea of a old as s console playing games better than my PC, maybe I should just stop playing games on my PC and buy a console cuz that would be significantly cheaper. Just imagine building a system equivallent to the Xbox360 with its 48 pixel pipeliness of power and a 20GB hard drive....etc?
    Could someone shed some light on something that i'm missing cuz i'm completely puzzled as to the deciding specs.

ok the game consoles are built for one thing and 0ne thing only the name pretty much says it all "game" console, anyways it's alot easier for game developers to bring out the full potential of the consoles because they know what they are working with in terms of hardware.............but

on the other hand pc game developers, they have to build a game with 50 different video cards in mind trying to please everyone if all the pc game developers focus on one video card then you'll see the difference......................bottom line

PC IS STILL KING AND WILL REMAIN SO!

plus we get new consoles evvery 4,5,6 "YEARS"

that wont work on the pc lol, the manufacturers would never make any money, they have to keep putting out a product thats just a little bit better every couple months even though they can do much much much more better, it's frustrating to me too but you have to understand business.

xbox,nintendo,PS make money off every game that comes out "licence", just put that in terms of the manufacturers putting out new parts ever month cause we get a couple new games every month on avg...................ok am done i hope that made sense am sleeping as hell 3:09am lol
    Wen Mi Did Baawn Di Doctor Drop Mi Pan Mi Head Suh From Dat Mi Just MADUP.....Bellevue A Mi Second Yard.

http://www.myspace.com/squadyasthevillain

dude, whatever you want to say. i am a die-hard, yes, die-hard console fan who would put up the console against the pc any day. taliban, you have some strong words but how many hours do you play one game for? my point is this. a game company makes a game and ports it for a ps2 and the pc. they both play it well with similar visuals. another game company makes a new game for both systems. you have to upgrade the pc (video card, memory, hard drive) just to make the game look a % better than the ps2 version and the cycle continues for 5 years when you have spent a great deal of cash on your pc, the new console comes out with better graphics and speed than your "pimped out" pc.

a pc was primarily built as a multi-purpose processing unit therefore it was not built specifically to play games whereas a console was built just to play games (xbox was also made to be a fool stool but the legs kept falling off ). if you read most of the game threads in here you will find someone talking about a pc game not looking good and everyone suggesting him to "upgrade his pc".

lets look at this from a financial aspect. you can keep upgrading a pc from now until kkingdom come and still gonna need to upgrade to play the newest games that come out or play the console with all of the games that have been ported for it with the beautiful graphics it possesses and "upgrade" once every 5 years. the choice is yours. i can assure you, i dont stick to genres but i hate rpg or as you may call mmorpgs. they are boring and are too drawn out. if i was meant to play a game for 2 years why not buy a console built with that as the only game. i know right now, a console cost about $149.99 (xbox and ps2, i think ncube is $99.99) and a pc for that price is downright laughable. read well my friends and learn well.

Why are these interesting threads dieing? LOL

Well i wud go with the ConSOLE!!...... PC is for gaming and for anything else u want it to be basically........which is why it is so expensive...

But the Console now is stricly fo playing games....runs better....dont have to worry about hardware lags....and as rodogg says!! NO UPGRADING!!!
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

Nope...you just throw it out and get a new one when a better model comes out...

I prefer PC.....cos it's more practical and able to do everything I want.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

That is true..but comparing i to the console ( gamewise)...the PC doesnt stand a chance especially pricewise
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MBoard | AMD Phenom II x4 920 | ZALMAN 9700 CPU Cooler | G-SKILL 4GB DDR 800 Dual Channel Memory | WD 250GB & 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA HDDs | XFX 5870 1GB | Corsair 650W Single Rail PSU | Samsung SATA DVD-RW | Samsung T260 26" Monitor | MITSUMI Floppy Drive w/ Digital Card Readers | Thermaltake Armor+ FULL Tower Case

Quote Originally Posted by MhadbwoY
    That is true..but comparing i to the console ( gamewise)...the PC doesnt stand a chance especially pricewise

Depends......all depends.....preference...that's what it boils too....

My PC has dual shock controllers and play games arcade style...so it worx for me.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate