Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PC VS Console???

Angry PC VS Console???

I;m not sure if this topic has already been discussed but i am quite pissed as to how much better a little PS2(the little one) performs over my PC even though i put so much money in it. Imagine the PS2 is delivering much better performance for like US$100-150 and a graphics card that dilivers equivalent performance cost about the same and thats not including other essential components such as processor and RAM......etc. Out of curiosity how much does a system that dilivers similar performance to the Ps2 costs? Which graphics card should diliver about the same as the Ps2? What are the detailed specs of the PS2 or Xbox(am too lazy to google it).
    I really hate the idea of a old as s console playing games better than my PC, maybe I should just stop playing games on my PC and buy a console cuz that would be significantly cheaper. Just imagine building a system equivallent to the Xbox360 with its 48 pixel pipeliness of power and a 20GB hard drive....etc?
    Could someone shed some light on something that i'm missing cuz i'm completely puzzled as to the deciding specs.
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

you have valid points and i often consider getting rid of the pc myself. but what kind of games do you like to play?? if u like to play rpgs and strategy games you better stick with both or the pc alone. if you don't like those 2 types of games get a console and a pc just powerful enough to handle everyday tasks.
    Macbook Core Duo 1.83ghz
    OS X 10.4.10 - 1.25gb Ram

Well though u seh ps2 perfrom better, believe it or not it doesn't look half as good as pc graphics with a decent card and it does not perform better in most cases, yea pc cost more but its for more than gaming.

And when u think about it the core of pc games are online one which in teh outshine any multiplayer console game, like mmorpg,mmfps way better than a 4 player multiplayer game, so in the end pc is better in my opinion.

Plus by next year pc can emulate ps2 so keep that in mind too.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

Quote Originally Posted by samurailos
    Well though u seh ps2 perfrom better, believe it or not it doesn't look half as good as pc graphics with a decent card and it does not perform better in most cases, yea pc cost more but its for more than gaming.

And when u think about it the core of pc games are online one which in teh outshine any multiplayer console game, like mmorpg,mmfps way better than a 4 player multiplayer game, so in the end pc is better in my opinion.

Plus by next year pc can emulate ps2 so keep that in mind too.
    A pc can't be more for gaming than a ps2 is... LOL, but anyway things like xbox live is pretty decent if you ask me and its really fun depending on the game your playing. Prolly wont get thousands of ppl playing like games like WoW have. But definately like say 20 or so for FPS's like halo or something. BUt yea it really depends on the type of games you want to play. If its for the MMO aspect, PC is better, but if its single player games then a console is the way to go.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

If the PC was TRULY any good at Gaming ... the console market would be dead long ago.

The simple way I see it.

Microsoft itself has dared to venture into the console market with its own creations the xbox and xbox360 ... with the former having hardware that outshines anything a PC is capable of today.

IMO the console is and will always be overall the better gaming device.

With the console you have no worry about drivers, no worry about cpu speed, no worry about ram, no worry about sofware conflicts, no worry about updating the OS. Infact on the console you DO NOT SEE THE OS. Just the game and menus.

So ... all i do is put in my CD power on and zone out on whatever game I am playing.

With a PC it is alot more irritating... especially if one wants the latest and greatest games ... like say doom3 ... you have to go and "upgrade" your hardware and worry about frontside bus and GPU pipelining and all that hoopla. It is a waste of time (to me) to build a gaming PC.

I'd would much rather invest in a PS3 or xbox360... plus they are much simpler to move around and also simpler to maintain.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion
    IMO the console is and will always be overall the better gaming device.

I'd would much rather invest in a PS3 or xbox360... plus they are much simpler to move around and also simpler to maintain.
    I am so wanting to agree with you. In fact I do agree with most of what you say.

Yet you will find that some gaming genres just don't belong on a console. I can't imagine trying to play a strategy game Rise Of Nations on a Xbox 360.

Overall indeed I would recommend that the investing in a console.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Guys this backing & forthing about wether the Console is better than a PC is a matter of opinion in most cases, im posting a link here to a head to head comparison that was done by Gamespot using the XBox 360 & the Sony PS3. Where a PC is concernered we all know the power of a real good gaming PC so here goes the link.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x

I guess now we will all be in a better position to know whether the PC or Console is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    I am so wanting to agree with you. In fact I do agree with most of what you say.

Yet you will find that some gaming genres just don't belong on a console. I can't imagine trying to play a strategy game Rise Of Nations on a Xbox 360.

Overall indeed I would recommend that the investing in a console.
    The only reason strategy games seem to suck on consoles is because no one has invented the RIGHT KIND OF PLAYER INTERFACE for these genres.

If the issue of the player interface for specific "exotic" games are solved then there will b e no reason to continue with using a clunky PC/MAC to play video games EXCEPT when developing them.

When it comes to games and entertainment I am a firm believer in plug and play. Not plug and pray that some irritating and mundane event like my anti-virus software stops my experience because it found suspicious activity on a game file.

The worst PC experience I rememebr was playing a PC game when some body decided to send me an "MSN NUDGE" that conflicted with the game and totally crashed the PC and all that hard "game work" went down the tubes.

PC Game programmers' are not going to be EVER able to totally plan for ever possible contingency on a PC/MAC because the platform is extremely dynamic when compared to a Console.

A Console is a well defined black box. Ergo. Programmers' will always b ale to TOTALLY leverage the game code without having to worry about software conflict or in my case, when MSN decided to take over the screen.

It is like using a regular calculator versus the software one on a computer.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Gillion, I thought u had transformed your linux into a windows distro? No disrespect. Just that Wine seems to be getting places. Version 0.9.8 is out.