Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New ISP coming soon

Default Re:New ISP coming soon

[quote author=odsamuels link=board=1;threadid=196;start=0#1252 date=1034622572]
    for example St. Catherine people as far as I know, we are limited to either Cybervale or C&W, any other # and we start talking long distance tolls.
    [/quote]

Jamweb has local numbers for St. catherine and other parishes.

[quote author=Collin link=board=1;threadid=196;start=0#1264 date=1034641343]
    I vote for BROADBAND for the masses ... (Election Promise... Vote for me and I will provide broadband ... ;D)
    [/quote]

I'll vote for you Collin, I'll put my X beside the picture of the computer ;D

[quote author=Chris link=board=1;threadid=196;start=0#1258 date=1034628506]
    It's true that WE need more broadband options, but WE are limited to the even fewer subscribers/"techies" who can really appreciate and fully utilize broadband.[/quote]

Let me see, when was the last time I heard someone say, "Man, I really don't appreciate and I can't fully utilize this broadband".....oh yea, NEVER!!!

Everyone appreciates and untilizes it. It's just that they don't have access. People aren't clueless to their situations and environment. If all they have is dial-up, then they'll act like a dial-up user. They'll visit pages with few images, they'll avoid flash sites and stay away from movie and software downloads. It's not that they want to, it's just that it can't be helped.

I'll reiterate what I stated in an earlier post, everyone that uses the internet deserves broadband.

Let's do a simple test. Go around and ask your friends who are average users of the Internet if they need broadband and what they would use it for. Also ask them why they're still using dial-up.

Let's try this and see if their responses line up with OUR needs and uses

Hey that sounds like an idea, how about a poll?

(Let's use up the TechJamaica.com capabilities huh?)

L8r

[quote author=Chris link=board=1;threadid=196;start=0#1297 date=1034694123]
    Let's do a simple test. Go around and ask your friends who are average users of the Internet if they need broadband and what they would use it for. Also ask them why they're still using dial-up.

Let's try this and see if their responses line up with OUR needs and uses
    [/quote]

Of course that would be after explaning what "broadband" is ;D
    But seriously all some of these average newbues wnat is to download mp3s and yes broadband is the way ahead.

I just learned that the new ISP will be supporting the V.92 standard which offers 3 new features: quick connect, modem-on-hold and PCM Upstream.

I think a lot of persons will be interested in the modem-on-hold feature which allows you to receive an incoming call and stay connected to the Internet (Call-Waiting service from your phone company is all that is required). It also works in reverse; you can initiate a voice call while connected and keep the modem connection.

For additional info visit http://www.v92.com/v92_faq.htm

That will indeed be good... I recently purchased a device that claimed to allow you to receive calls whilst online but not worth one dime....

this aint tricky the new ISP will be A............... naw I am not letting it out the bag just yet

[quote author=Dutch link=board=1;threadid=196;start=15#1362 date=1035464101]
    this aint tricky the new ISP will be A............... naw I am not letting it out the bag just yet
    [/quote]

Come, come let's have it... I wanna know.

P.S. Collin, why'd u say that device isn't worth a dime?
    K, L8r