Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TROJAN ALERT: W32.HLLP.Spreda.B

Default TROJAN ALERT: W32.HLLP.Spreda.B

W32.HLLP.Spreda.B

This is a rather nasty trojan that spreads via the Kazaa network. Its main payload is as a snoop that seeks out the password files or data on your system. It is also used to get your e-mail address and password so that spammers can use it to their delight. And get this: It watches out for explorer windows that have "password" in the text. When such a web page is loaded (like Hotmail) it will watch your keypresses until you've pressed ENTER.

Very crafty. Read the details here.

I think we need to seriously look into having a forum dedicated to virus warnings only. Too many of these warnings get lost amid the many other general software posts. Readers need to be acquainted with these threats as they arrive, and learn from other people's experiences, thereby, protecting themselves! What say ye?

Default Re:TROJAN ALERT: W32.HLLP.Spreda.B

Bwoy Xeno...I used to be a Kazaa user back in the early days, but now I don't mess with it...too much risk with viruses, worms and trojans these days man.
    There's stuff out there that your Antivirus won't recognize. So minimizing the exposure to potential infection is becoming increasingly important.

Sort of sounds like the abstinence argument huh? ;D

Fi real. A security/virus related forum just for these posts.

A section dedicated to virus/worms only would be a good thing. It would keep us up to date with warnings/patches or fixes. It could develop into a very important section.

Gotta agree that a new section is a good idea. BUT is it possible to set up email alerts? I'm checking my email multiple times a day, but there are days when I don't get here until late and sometimes a day or so late

Mike

do what i do. if u have a digicel phone, go to mobile.msn.com, set up ur device and then have hotmail send u a message when u get an email from webmaster@techjamaica.com. This is the method i use to monitor posts that i am tracking. Its simple and convenient.

I am sorry if i assumed that most people have a hotmail account and a digicel phone.

That virus done hit me and corrupted my sys32 file already... eventually i'll format the darn thing... too lazy to do it right now (btw laziness made me install the antivirus too late), and right now i should be updating my definitions... but im here typing this message...

Go figure...

I got this one too, it goes into the temp internet folder right? I dono, but my antivirus, symantec anivirus corp edit ;D ;D ,bin picking up a few trojans it quaranteens them though I remember going into the quaranteen and seeing about 11 trojans and viruses and worms :-\ corp edition is sweet ;D

[quote author=kilaj1 link=board=5;threadid=1958;start=0#msg19446 date=1065183547]
    I got this one too, it goes into the temp internet folder right? I dono, but my antivirus, symantec anivirus corp edit ;D ;D ,bin picking up a few trojans it quaranteens them though I remember going into the quaranteen and seeing about 11 trojans and viruses and worms :-\ corp edition is sweet ;D
    [/quote]

Where the heck are you picking up these nasties from??

5 Viral infections/cleansings later... still kickin'. ;D

Now both ZA and NAV are working overtime! Makes you not want to use the outernet! :-\

BCK - Kazaa: Public Enemy Numero Uno.