Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10 Hottest Certification for 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus
    On top of this, Project + is cheaper and easier to attain than PMP.
    Very true, and it fills a "gap" when needing to show PM exposure without the years of experience required for the PMP.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Out of curiosity, what's the general vibe around the MS certs (MCSE etc.) these days? How much demand is there for them really?

Default 2006 Hot Certtifications

TTake a look at what industry experts consider "hot" certs for 2006. I was quite interesting to see where the CCIE fell. My own belief is that alot of persons are moving away to more vendor neutral stuff (CISA, SSCP and PMP)
    The PMP is real hot I think I see where Boston University is Offering a PM certificate in september.

2006 Hot Certs
    Heroes to Mentors -

As I re-read the article something dawned on me.....Database.

There are 3 fields that are demands are beginning to grow; Project Management, Data Security and Datadase engineering and Administration.

Have you noticed that there is only one certification up there related to Database and its the new Microsoft Certification for SQL? There isn't even a mention of Oracle anywhere!

What do you guys think about that?
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

The certs posted are representative of the new certs that are emerging. Oracle has no new cert scheme, but MS has a new cert scheme thus that is why only MS has appeared. Have you forgotten.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you