Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Program Needed ASAP!!! Pay is US200

Exclamation Program Needed ASAP!!! Pay is US200

Hey GURUS,

Someone said I should talk to you guys about writing a small script for me and my club members at church to get some announcements out to members on our range network. I really cannot afford much but would like all the glory that I was told about in a week.

I need the program to sit on a windows box connected permanently to the internet running as quickly through sending some emails as possible.

Let me detail through bullet points all the criteria needed.

1. Should be able to generate and send emails between whatever number range specified by the user(15 digitmax). E.g. If I specify “4 – 10” then it should send exactly 7 emails in the following order or randomly. It really doesn’t matter how it does the arrangement as long as it covers the whole range, if you can make this user selectable then that would be a plus.
    4 at userspecifieddomain.com
    5 at userspecifieddomain.com
    6 at userspecifieddomain.com
    7 at userspecifieddomain.com
    8 at userspecifieddomain.com
    9 at userspecifieddomain.com
    10 at userspecifieddomain.com
    OR
    5 at userspecifieddomain.com
    4 at userspecifieddomain.com
    10 at userspecifieddomain.com
    6 at userspecifieddomain.com
    9 at userspecifieddomain.com
    7 at userspecifieddomain.com
    8 at userspecifieddomain.com

2. The user should be able to specify what domain the emails should be sent to. Eg. Hotmail.com, yahoo.com , jamaicansrus.com etc.

3. With every 30 emails sent out, the from email address attached to the email should change, if you would like to match the "from email address" with the "send to" generated address then that’s no problem as long as the from address gets changed to a different address with every 30 mails sent out.

So either one of these solutions will work
    a. The "from email" address gets changed to any randomly generated text or number after every 30 emails are sent out
    b. The "from email address" matches the recipient address generated for every email sent out.
    Whichever one is easier.
    4. With every generated email there should be a randomly generated number attached to the body of the message (preferably the number generated by the program)
    5. The user should be able to specify the “Subject” and “Body” of the email that’s going to be broadcasted
    6. Multiple Intances of the script must be able to function with no problems.
    7.User should be able to specify the mail server settings...Smtp..POP etc.

That’s it. Nothing fancy just black and white text stuff for the interface. This should probably take a couple hours to write based on you guys .I need this little proggy in about the next seven days so please call me once you get this email or reply with any questions or concerns. Thanks in advance. Also I will need more elaborate scripts and possibly programs in the future so it looks like you’re my go to guys.

Ps if you are able to allow the user to specify the mail server settings then that would be good too.

Someone give me feedback on this so we get this finished. Thanks
    Please contact 754-6366 or 8415031

which language were u thinking of?
    "I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Capricorn and we're skeptical."

Unhappy Doesn't matter?!!

If youre a programmer then I'm hoping you know the best language to use.

I need to get this 200 bucks off my hands though thats for sure!!

my youth, no disrespect, I might be wrong but I think u planning on sending spam messages... My opinion... Peace out.....

my youth, no disrespect, I might be wrong but I think u planning on sending spam messages... My opinion... Peace out.....
    It seems that way to me too.

3. With every 30 emails sent out, the from email address attached to the email should change, if you would like to match the "from email address" with the "send to" generated address then that’s no problem as long as the from address gets changed to a different address with every 30 mails sent out.

Question

Please explain how does the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by aksultra
    ...a small script for me and my club members at church to get some announcements out to members on our range network.
    and this anonymous...trying to hide...trying not get to blocked....part goes together??

a. The "from email" address gets changed to any randomly generated text or number after every 30 emails are sent out
    b. The "from email address" matches the recipient address generated for every email sent out.
    The only part that look like it could have been used for a good purpose is

5. The user should be able to specify the “Subject” and “Body” of the email that’s going to be broadcasted
    6. Multiple Intances of the script must be able to function with no problems.
    Please give us an example of a scenario in which you would use this program for sending announcement to a CHURCH GROUP???
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Default tech savy church

wow i havent been to church in a while but them getting very tech savy.

Question Junior Techies

Explain how someone sends spam messages with a number range?
    Before thinking of the answer to that question think also about how easily an email blaster can be aquired online at no cost to the Corporate Hierachy Union Rights Committe House(Church).

No disrespect guys like you said...I really don't need wise *** comments. All I need is someone telling me they can do this project. If not then please keep the post clean until its closed.

Thanks and have a great one.

I really don't need wise *** comments. All I need is someone telling me they can do this project. If not then please keep the post clean until its closed.
    Hmmmm...

You came to us asking for help. We are trying to understand your requirements so that we can help you. Understanding end user requirements is the first step in writing applications. As
    Junior Techies
    we know that.

think also about how easily an email blaster can be aquired online at no cost to the Corporate Hierachy Union Rights Committe House(Church).
    Why can't one of these applications be used for this task? I am just trying to understand. Be gentle with me.

Thumbs up Answers

An email blaster is a spamming tool used to send millions of emails to millions of users with its own criteria. This would not be effective as I am not looking for this capability. An email/mass mailer blaster sends emails to real email addresses like jbrown@hotmail.com or msmith@yahoo.com and usually has a list attached with the users its going to blast.

I on the other hand don't need to send spam mail. I need this application to mail members of a group that changes rapidly by the hundreds. So in order for me to get my messages out to them without having any server problems I would use this tool. This would make it easier as once the group changes from 2500 members to 18000 then all I have to do is to specify the range and the app should do the rest.

Anymore questions please pm me.

Thanks