Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any sacrifices in going LINUX???

lol my xine install has played every video type ive thrown at it...
    Wven some .wmv files that my wmp in windows cant play.

Well... wasn't using ubuntu still, was core 4
    Thanks for the reminder about xine, .. avi first thing comes to mind is mplayer

Sorry I havent been Posting but i never posted this thread in this Forum it was moved by one of those Moderators and i just stombled on it.
    Anyways when I officially go LINUX i'll tel you guys but thanks alot forlooking out, good info but i thugh going Linux would have been alot simpler. Dont worry gonna go LINUX eventually cuz with every passing day i despise Windows more and more.
    AM OUT!!!
    DO ONTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONTO YOU!!!

good info but i thugh going Linux would have been alot simpler.
    I don't understand. Please clarify.

i never posted this thread in this Forum it was moved by one of those Moderators
    It is possible that the mod sent you a pm or email re: the change.

The mods almost never PM/email/send homing pigeon/smoke signals/...nothing
    me whenever they delete or move one of my threads/posts.

And I guess that shouldnt be hard to do since it can be automated into the procedure of deleting/moving post.

Cool Considering switching to linux as well

I am also considering a switch to linux as well. not that i have any problems with windows but then again, i think that there should be life without Windows cause u never know what situation u may end up in where the use of windows may not be warented. Anyways, my question is, for a begining user of linux, what is the bet version of linux to start with. So far i have experimented with the live versions of SuSE, Knoppix and Ubuntu and so far, onlly Knoppix has dont what i wanted (play music from a windows partition). I know there is more that i need to learn about linux before jumping into it so i thouhg this would have been a good place to start. please help......thanx in advance.

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

This question has been asked and answered many times. Most times the discussions get heated. There has never been a consensus.

People have suggested Suse, Ubuntu, Mandriva, Red Hat and Debian to name a few. Keep trying distros until you find one you like.

Linux is Linux. The core is the same but the GUI's and a few other things will vary.

You can have the best of both worlds. You can like both Linux and Windows. Just think of this as a way to expand your knowledge.

thanx for the tip jamrock. knowledge is power and i guess u areally have nothing to lose by trying both linux and windows...peace/..

We walk by Faith, not by Sight.

jalug will be having a special meeting next month to help ease newbies into linux, is there anything in particular you guys want demonstrated? so we can show you how to do it next month?
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com