Thread: TROJAN ALERT: JS.Exception.Exploit

Default TROJAN ALERT: JS.Exception.Exploit

Gentlepeople...

Be on the lookout for this little beast. It travels via pop-up window. It uses JavaScript to manipulate registry entries via your MS IExplorer. So if you've ever noticed that your home page changed without you doing anything to your settings, chances are, this beast is on your PC.

There's a security update that fixes this exploitation, so hopefully your WinXP will have already patched itself via Windows Update. Failing which, ensure that your NAV is up-to-date and do a thorough scan.

Read more on this felon here.

Thank God I've just installed Linux (Mandrake 9.2). As soon as I'm comfortable with the featherless bird, these winwoes will be behind me. :-\

Default Re:TROJAN ALERT: JS.Exception.Exploit

they are determined to bring down billy the kid.......

fact is, i much prefer him to the rest cause he gives away loads of his money worldwide. he even voted for higher taxes for the rich and for death taxes with the super rich.
    he hasnt forgotten the poor still.
    he has good employment practices from what i hear too.

can the other sharks say the same? or they just baying for the money all for them selves. these are things we should look at as well. better a good devil than a terrible one.

You're right Deakus. Perhaps I'm overreacting...

With all the debate over Debian's security, Mandrake's UI, Red Hat's flaws (seems like a Windows ting to me) GENToo's brain expansion requirements and the ultimate infallibility of SuSE, it seems like a much easier task to just choose ONE MS platform. Besides, it's like like we can never dump Windows. None of these Linux Zealots would ever dare to live without it completely. I must say though, Mandrake has come a loong way, in a short space of time. As far as Linux goes, it's interface is practically second to none - with the exception of SuSE maybe...

But with the increasing popularity of those systems, bugs are beginning to show up in them more frequently (Red Hat) and viral exploits are becoming commonplace (Red Hat) and I do notice that Mandrake has a few UI flaws. Just a few. No biggie. So you see, it's a catch 22 situation after all. ;D Jump out of the pot, and into the fire ;D. And if that wasn't bad enough, now end users have to learn how to use 3 interfaces (MDK, RH, SuSE) unless they are familiar with the core, which for most users, is.... umm... not likely.

It's like what I've been saying to people all along. Neither system is radically better than the other. With the profound stability inherent in WinXP and Win2k3, Penguin Farmers have to strike off one more WinFlaw from their list. Now it's 2 to 1. Win has profound acceptance & support AND userbility which is second to none (they've even ported a WinXP interface and for Mandrake...lol). Linux now only has price over Windows.

With the increasing popularity of Linux, I can look forward to seeing more of these flaws showing up in the evolved flight-less bird. Never-the-less, pound for pound, Linux is cheaper. So I guess in the next 5 years or so, when the system becomes defacto standard for business applications, unless Debian becomes the DeFacto Linux platform (not in a million years) people will be patching almost the same - but just paying less.

Fascinating how history repeats itself...

[quote author=deakie link=board=5;threadid=1922;start=0#msg18902 date=1064749370]
    they are determined to bring down billy the kid.......

fact is, i much prefer him to the rest cause he gives away loads of his money worldwide. he even voted for higher taxes for the rich and for death taxes with the super rich.
    he hasnt forgotten the poor still.
    he has good employment practices from what i hear too.

can the other sharks say the same? or they just baying for the money all for them selves. these are things we should look at as well. better a good devil than a terrible one.

[/quote]

I must also agree with you on that one too Deekie,........But it is not billy alone that is running his company sure he can do what he want ith his money, but if his advisors say send out a crappy software because you will make billions and he doesn't they could make him pay for it.........it's the corporatness of the company that is causog the problem

Linval,

You seem to have rectified your connection issues. Welcome back.

Bwoy Xeno you can show off ehh man......... as you can see I am now back online,

No thanks to cable and wireless tech support team who gave me a wrong DNS server address this morning >.

It was a female techie that had to point it out to me that the IP was wrong.

[quote author=Xenocrates link=board=5;threadid=1922;start=0#msg18921 date=1064815445]
    Linval,

You seem to have rectified your connection issues. Welcome back.
    [/quote]

Thanks; thought I was the onlyone up at this time in the morning.